- Faculty and Staff
- Master of Science in Occupational Health (MSOH)
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Certificate in Biostatistics and Epidemiology or Certificate in Epidemiology
- Certificate in Contempory Gerontological Practice
- Certificate in Occupational Health
- Certificate in Public Health & Emergency Response
- Certificate in Global Health
- MPH/MBA Dual Degree
- MPH/MD Dual Degree
- 3+2 BS/MPH Dual Degree
- Diversity at UT
- College of Medicine and Life Sciences
- Center for Successful Aging
- Public Health Student Organization (PHSO)
- Public Health & Preventive Medicine on Facebook
- PUBLIC HEALTH AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE IN ACTION
Health Science Campus
Fourth Floor/Room 4416
- History and Mission
- Program Objectives, Outcomes, and Delivery
- Curriculum Design
- Plan of Study
- MSOH External Advisory Committee
- Application and Admission
- Nondiscrimination Policy
- Course Descriptions
- Course Schedule
- Graduate School: Student Handbook
- Registration, Plan of Study, and Other Forms
- ABIH Code of Ethics
- AIHA Ethical Principles
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES, OUTCOMES, AND DELIVERY
"Program Educational Objectives" are statements that describe the expected accomplishments of graduates during the first few years after graduation... that all graduates are expected to accomplish and those that some, but not all, graduates are expected to accomplish.
The "educational objectives" for the Master of Science in Occupational Health - Industrial Hygiene program follow:
1) All graduates are expected to be qualified to practice "comprehensive industrial
2) Most graduates are expected to practice in the field of Industrial Hygiene or related areas of Environmental and/or Occupational Health and Safety and to meet the relevant and appropriate needs of their employers.
3) When eligible, most graduates who pursue applicable certification in health and safety (i.e., CIH; CSP; CHMM) will pass.
The MSOH - IH program outcomes for the past decade have reflected what were established as ABET - ASAC AC2001 General Outcomes and Program-Specific Outcomes for Industrial Hygiene and Similarly Named Programs.
The MSOH - IH program assures that graduates have necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes to competently and ethically implement and practice applicable scientific, technical, and regulatory aspects of Industrial Hygiene. Graduates are prepared to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and control exposures of workers and others to physical, chemical, biological, ergonomic, and psychosocial factors, agents, and/or stressors that can potentially cause related diseases and/or dysfunctions.
The Program schedule is designed for both full- and part-time students. Realizing that many students interested in enrolling in the Program are professionals with many outside demands and responsibilities, the courses are offered during evenings and weekends. The evening courses typically meet every other week during the 15 week semester. Weekend courses meet on alternating weeks for eight Saturdays per course. The Program schedules are accommodating without sacrifice of academic quality and integrity. The MSOH degree is conferred by the College of Graduate Studies at the University of Toledo, which is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges. The Industrial Hygiene program is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology - Applied Science Accreditation Commission (ABET ASAC), ABET, Inc., Baltimore, MD, 21202.
Click here for detailed objectives and outcomes.