- About the College of Nursing
- CCNE Resources
- Community of Nurse Preceptors and Mentors
- Continuing Nursing Education
- Dean's Welcome Message
- Information Sessions
- News and Upcoming Events
- Nursing Lab and Simulation Center
- Nursing LEADS Newsletter
- Nursing Research & Evaluation
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Student Nursing Association
- Ways to give to the College of Nursing
Health Science Campus
Collier Building, RM 4405
3000 Arlington Ave
Toledo, OH 43614
Mail Stop 1026
Student Services: 419.383.5810
Undergrad Advisor: 419.530.2673
Graduate Advisor: 419.383.5841
ATTENTION GRADUATE NURSING APPLICANTS:
Graduate application materials are submitted through the Nursing Centralized Application Service(NursingCAS) https://portal.nursingcas.org. A supplemental application is also required and can be found at http://apply.utoledo.edu. Program admission cycle information posted at http://www.utoledo.edu/nursing/grad_checklist.html.
The Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist /Graduate Certificate (PMHN-CNS-C) program is offered to individuals who have completed a master’s degree in nursing and who desire to obtain specialized knowledge to seek certification as an Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health CNS. All of the courses award academic credit from the The University of Toledo. Graduates of the program will be qualified to take national certification examinations. The curriculum includes a minimum of 500 contact hours for clinical practice and laboratory experiences. Students should maticulate fall of even numbered years.
|Course #||Course Title||Credit|
|NURS5680||Advanced Physiology & Pathophysiology*||
|NURS5740||Advanced Health Assessment
(4 lab hours/week)*
|Spring Semester - (odd years only)|
|Course #||Course Title||Credit|
(9 clinical hours/week)
|NURS5280||Theories of Addictive Behaviors||
|Fall Semester - (odd years only)|
|NURS5190||Advanced Interpersonal Intervention
(4 lab hours/week)
(12 clinical hours/week)
|Spring Semester - (even years only)|
(18 clinical hours/week)
Total Semester Credits 25
|*If the course was completed greater than 5 years prior to matriculation, the course must be repeated.|
Admission Requirements -
- Master's degree in nursing from an accredited college/university. Degree in nursing from a school that is accredited by a nationally recognized body for nursing education accreditation.
- Submission of official transcripts from all academic institutions attended.
- Active, unrestricted, unencumbered Ohio RN License.
- Computer competency that includes word processing skills and ability to communicate electronically.
- Personal statement describing career goals, future plans for employment and expectations for graduate study.
- Current resume or CV, listing current Ohio RN license number.
- Two College of Nursing recommendation forms from professional sources (Master in Nursing preferred).
- The Graduate Record Exams (General Subject GRE) and TOEFL* or IELTS* are required
for international applicants.
*Minimum required test scores: http://www.utoledo.edu/graduate/prospectivestudents/admission/guidelines.html
- Interview if requested.
- Admission is competitive.
- Students are required to authorize The University of Toledo to obtain criminal record checks (BCII & FBI) & are responsible for fingerprinting expenses. Students must declare and document misdemeanor and/or felony offenses that occur prior to admission to the nursing program and/or during program progression. In compliance with Ohio Revised Code 4723-7 convictions will result in denial of admission to the program or dismissal after matriculation.
Recommendation Form (PDF)