Institutional Compliance Staff
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that effective University of Toledo policies, standards, and procedures are
in place to comply with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including
those specified by the U.S. Federal Sentencing Guidelines and the Model Compliance
Program of the Office of Inspector General for health care organizations.
- To develop and implement effective training and communication programs to ensure that
UT employees are aware of, adhere to, and report possible violations of laws, regulations,
or School policies and procedures.
- To serve as a channel of communication to receive and direct compliance issues to
appropriate UT resources for investigation and resolution.
- To serve as a final internal resource with whom concerned parties may communicate
after other formal University channels and resources have been exhausted.
- To monitor and audit performance of UT's Compliance Program and related activities
on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve the effectiveness.
- To make periodic reports to the University President, Vice President for Health Affairs, and the Audit and the Board of Trustees on issues and its effectiveness of the University's Compliance Program.