Faculty Resources and Information
- For the purpose of yearly evaluation, all faculty members are required to submit an electronic copy of the Annual Report of Professional Activity(ARPA)
- Tenure/tenure track faculty ARPAs are due to Department Personnel Committee (DPC) by August 25, 2016 along with a current CV.
- See Section 18.104.22.168. of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (Tenure, Tenure-Track).
- The ARPA year runs from August 15 of one year through August 14th of the next year.
- Bargaining unit Members shall be evaluated annually with the highest priority given to teaching and teaching related duties, field work and field supervision
- Lecturer ARPAS are due to their Department Chair by the last day of the Fall Semester.
- See section 9.3 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (Lecturers).
Tenure Promotion & Sabbatical Forms
Faculty Personnel Calendar 2016-2017
(Final Revised 07/19/2016, Approved 08/03/2016)
Tenure and Promotion Forms:
- Faculty Pre-Tenure Evaluation Renewal Form (Years 1 and 2)
- Faculty Pre-Tenure Evaluation Renewal Form (Years 3, 4 and 5)
- Faculty Tenure Review Form
- Faculty Promotion Review Form
- Promotional and Tenure Dossier Guidelines and Check Sheet
Academic Tenure and Promotion Workshop Video (2016):
Outside Professional Service Report
The University of Toledo policy on Outside Professional Service and Supplemental Compensation as approved by the Board of Trustees on June 14, 1978, requires that a faculty member who considers "engaging in professional service for compensation must report such service to his department chairman." A copy of the report is to be forwarded to the college dean and the Vice President for Academic Affairs with a copy being retained by the department chairman and the faculty member respectively.
The report is due at the beginning of each academic year and covers any outside professional service which occurs "during any specified contract period, academic year, summer and/or special appointment." Any outside professional service which occurs after the filing of the initial report should be reported by filing an additional report. Who should complete? Tenure /Tenure Track and Lecturer Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) require this form to be completed
- The T/TT CBA Article 16.0 Outside Employment (page 53)
- The Lecturer CBA Article 26.0 Outside Employment (page 44)
Assistant and Associate Dean Toolbox: Information and resources
Professor Emeritus: request process, policy and more
The primary goal of this fund is to enhance the overall reputation and performance of our faculty and our institution. These funds will be awarded to faculty primarily for the purpose of supporting faculty travel and costs associated with presentations at conferences and meetings as well as those associated with the publication of scholarly work. However, other activities that would serve to enhance faculty performance and reputation will also be considered. Click here to learn more.
Faculty Policies & Report
These syllabus resources have been designed to assist UT faculty with the development of their course syllabi and are intended to provide recommendations based on best practices and to highlight sections to meet university, state and/or federal requirements.
- Syllabus Template (PDF)
- Syllabus Template (Word)
- Syllabus Guidelines
- Syllabus Development Criteria
- Syllabus Template (To meet the unique needs of online teaching - Word)
Thesis/Dissertation and Independent Study Resources
These resources have been designed to assist UT faculty with the development of a contract or syllabus for thesis/dissertation and independent study, where students may earn academic credit for work that does not occur in a regular course format. All three documents are not required, but it is expected that the instructor provide a written document that clearly articulates the expectations for the award of academic credit. This includes the articulation of student learning outcomes and requirements/expectations.
- Thesis/Dissertation Contract Guide/Model (based on documents provided by UT’s College of Social Justice and Human Service)
- Independent Study Contract Guide/Model (based on document provided by College of Social Justice and Human Service)
- Independent Study Combination Syllabus and Contract Guide/Model (based on documents provided by the Graduate Certificate in Contemporary Gerontological
Ohio Transfer Module
Before an existing UT program can be offered at an offsite location, approval must be granted at various levels. The proponent for the offsite location must go through a College offsite approval process first, and then through an offsite approval process supported by the Office of the Provost. This approval process includes foreign programs where a UT degree is ultimately granted.
New Faculty Orientation: Information and resources
Also view helpful videos regarding Disabilities and Title IX
Academic Personnel Calendar
Student Disability Services:
Faculty resources for making your course accessible to students with disabilities