- 2014 Dr. Page Armstrong, Dr. Carol Bennett-Clarke, Dr. David Guip, Dr. John Laux, Dr. Sara Lundquist, Robert McCollough
- 2013 Dr. Julie Coyle, Dr. Matthew Franchetti, Dr. Glenn Lipscomb, Dr. Anthony Quinn, Dr. Jerry Van Hoy, Dr. Robert Yonker and Beth Eisler
- 2012 Dr. Deborah Coulter-Harris, Dr. Ron Fournier, Selina Griswold, Dr. Amira Gohara, Dr. Thomas McLoughlin, Dr. Susan Sochacki
- 2011 Dr. Sorin Cioc, Dr. Laurence Fink, Heather Hug, Marie Janes, Dr. Kim Schmude, Dr. Ivie Stein Jr.
- 2010 Dr. Sharon Barnes, Dr. Paula Dupey, Dr. David Meabon, Dr. Brian Randolph, Dr. Mark Sherry
- 2009 Dr. Paul Fritz, Dr. Sally Harmych, Dr. James Kamm, Dr. Sakui Malakpa
- 2008 Dr. Brian Ashburner, Dr. Karen Bjorkman, Dr. Christina Fitzgerald, Joseph Slater
- 2007 Rane Arroyo, Timothy Jordan, Nicholas Kissoff, Don Reiber
- 2006 Dr. Tom Barden, Dr. Zelijko Cuckovic, Dr. Lisa Pescara-Kovach
- 2005 Elaine Miller, Edward J. Stelnicki, James Tierney
- 2004 Larry Cook, Laura A. Frisbie, Deborah Orloff
- Complete List of Previous Winners
Nominate a Faculty Member
- Nominate a Faculty Member
- Students, alumni, faculty, and staff are strongly encouraged to nominate faculty who exemplify excellence in teaching.
- Completed nomination forms must be electronically submitted online or received in the UT Alumni office no later than 5:00 p.m. on February 26th, 2014 to be considered in this year's competition.
- Winners are eligible to win $1,500.
Is there a special teacher at the University of Toledo who has had a positive impact on you?
Someone who has inspired, motivated and challenged you?
Someone who has brought out the best in you?
For the 39th year, The University of Toledo and the Alumni Association will join with President Lloyd Jacobs in honoring up to six Outstanding Teachers.
Each recipient will receive a cash award of $1500. Any full-time faculty member is eligible, with the exception of previous recipients.
The Outstanding Teachers are selected by a committee of UT instructors and a student representative, who review nominations. The committee's deliberations are confidential. No one outside this group knows the content of those nominations or the identity of the nominators.
The content of your supporting statement weighs heavily in the evaluation of candidates. Please support your nomination with specific examples that demonstrate your nominee's ability as an outstanding teacher.
Previous winners are not eligible to be nominated for the award.
Deadline for applications is February 26th, 2014 at 5 p.m.
Nominate a Faculty Member
For more information, contact:
Associate Director for Alumni Relations