- Rathbun Award
- Nomination Process
- 2007 Dr. Al Compaan
- 2007 Cecilia Williamson
- 2006 Dr. Mohamed Samir Hefzy
- 2005 Dr. Patrick McGuire
- Office of the Provost
- Administrative Offices
- Campus Directory
- Centers & Institutes
- Current Students
- myUT-Web Portal
- UT Home
- University Catalogs
- University Council
Nominate a Faculty Member
- Recognize a faculty for exceptional community outreach and for excellence in engaged scholarship, whether in research, teaching or professional service.
- Completed nomination forms may be submitted electronically, faxed to 419.530.6172 or sent through campus mail to MS 218 ATTN: Penny Thiessen no later than April 2, 2012 to be considered in this year's award.
- Each recipient will receive $750 award.
- Print Nomination Form
- Submit Nomination Online
Academic Year: 2011-2012
Nomination Deadline: April 2, 2012
Edith Rathbun, a 1934 Scott High School graduate, worked for the Sun Oil Company as a secretary for 35 years. Her gift recognizes the value of acknowledging faculty for excellence in their outreach and engagement work and for the positive impact their work can have on student learning, research and the community.
The Edith Rathbun Outreach and Engagement Excellence Fund will recognize faculty for exceptional community outreach and for excellence in engaged scholarship, whether in research, teaching or professional service. Engaged scholarship, for this purpose, means that the research, teaching or professional service is:
• conducted in close partnership with community constituents,
• meets high academic standards, and
• that the outcomes are mutually beneficial to UT and the community.
Two annual recognition awards of $750 each will be awarded at the Academic Honors Reception on April 23, 2012. To help the fund grow additionally, campus or community members may make additional gifts, for example through the Family Campaign or the Capital Campaign.
For more information or questions contact 419.530.6163.