- Rathbun Award
- Nomination Process
- 2007 Dr. Al Compaan
- 2007 Cecilia Williamson
- 2006 Dr. Mohamed Samir Hefzy
- 2005 Dr. Patrick McGuire
- Office of the Provost
- Administrative Offices
- Campus Directory
- Centers & Institutes
- Current Students
- myUT-Web Portal
- UT Home
- University Catalogs
- University Council
- University Teaching Center
Nominate a Faculty Member
- Recognize a faculty for exceptional community outreach and for excellence in engaged scholarship, whether in research, teaching or professional service.
- Completed nomination forms may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 419.530.6172 or sent through campus mail to MS 218 ATTN: Penny Thiessen no later than March 14, 2014 to be considered in this year's award.
- Each recipient will receive $750 award.
- Print Nomination Form
1. Eligible outreach or engagement includes distinguished efforts in outreach and/or community-engaged academic activities by:
- designing and conducting community-based research,
- developing and/or administering an exemplary community-engaged program or service initiative,
- community-engaged teaching (such as service learning, specialized clinical initiatives, or field experiences), and
- professional service (involving one's professional knowledge).
2. The content of the supporting statement is a highly important factor.
3. Full-time tenured and tenure track faculty members in all main campus and former main campus colleges are eligible.
4. Nominations may be made by faculty, staff, students, alumni and community partners.
5. Nominations of a faculty project team may be made, and in the case of an award, it will be split among the project team members.
6. The selection committee will be made up of members of the Scholarship of Engagement sub-committee of the Council on Outreach and Engagement.