1. Eligible outreach or engagement includes distinguished efforts in outreach and/or community-engaged academic activities by:
- designing and conducting community-based research,
- developing and/or administering an exemplary community-engaged program or service
- community-engaged teaching (such as service learning, specialized clinical initiatives,
or field experiences), and
- professional service (involving one's professional knowledge).
2. The content of the supporting statement is a highly important factor.
3. Full-time tenured and tenure track faculty members in all main campus and former main campus colleges are eligible.
4. Nominations may be made by faculty, staff, students, alumni and community partners.
5. Nominations of a faculty project team may be made, and in the case of an award, it will be split among the project team members.
6. The selection committee will be made up of members of the Scholarship of Engagement sub-committee of the Council on Outreach and Engagement.