Ohio In-State Residency: C2
If you are financially independent...
OBR rules state, "A person who has been a resident of Ohio for the purpose of this rule for at least twelve consecutive months immediately preceding his or her enrollment in an institution of higher education and who is not receiving, and has not directly or indirectly received in the preceding twelve consecutive months, financial support from persons or entities who are not residents of Ohio for all other legal purposes."
Required documentation in addition to that required on the first page of application:
- A copy of your Ohio voter registration card
- A copy of your Ohio driver license or State ID
- A copy of your Ohio motor vehicle registration
- A copy of the first and signature pages from the student's federal and state income tax returns, or a notarized statement certifying the student was not required to file income taxes
- If the student is 25 or younger, a copy of the first and signature pages from their parent's or legal guardian’s federal income tax returns, proving the student was not claimed as a dependent.
- A copy of lease, mortgage agreements, or property deed during the past 12 months which includes date of occupancy and signature page
The above is not an all-inclusive list. Provide all documents noted on the Ohio In-State Residency Application and include the documentation listed above. Any additional information required to confirm residency status would be requested through your University email account.