Ohio In-State Residency: E7
If you returning to Ohio due to marital hardship...
OBR rules state, "A person who returns to the state of Ohio due to marital hardship, takes or has taken legal steps to end a marriage, and reestablishes financial dependence upon a parent or legal guardian (receives greater than fifty per cent of his or her support from the parent or legal guardian), and his or her dependents shall be considered residents of Ohio."
Required documentation in addition to that required on the first page of application:
- A copy of the Ohio driver’s license
- A copy of court papers verifying legal action to end the marriage has been taken
- An original notarized statement from the parent or legal guardian who is now supporting the student, stating the percentage of student’s support they are providing is greater than 50% and detailing, length of time they have lived in Ohio, their residency status, and a copy of their federal and Ohio income tax returns from the most recent tax year
- Proof of Ohio Domicile, such as...
- A copy of lease, mortgage agreement, or property deed of the person employed which includes date of occupancy and signature page
- A sworn statement from the owner of the residence certifying that you reside at that residence and the date you began living there
The above is not an all-inclusive list. Provide all documents noted on the Ohio In-State Residency Application for review and include the documentation listed above. Any additional information required to confirm residency status would be requested through your University email account.