Online Degree Programs
- Programs of Study
- Tuition & Scholarships
- Apply Today
- Request Information
- Transfer Students
- Military Personnel
- Tech Support
- Online Admissions
Memorial Field House, 3rd Floor
Mail Stop 129
The Adult Liberal Studies (ALS) program is designed to serve the needs of individuals whose jobs, family or community obligations may have prevented regular college attendance. Students may earn a Bachelor of Arts degree by completing a broad and liberal arts based curriculum.
- recognizes the educational experiences of non-traditional students
- is sensitive to students' other full-time responsibilities
- helps students establish an emphasis area that ties together their educational interests and/or career aspirations
- are guided through the program by a professional academic adviser
- integrate their wealth of knowledge and real-world experience with formal learning
- enjoy a sense of personal satisfaction as well as the rewards of academic achievement
After completing the Adult Liberal Studies Introductory Seminar, students are introduced to liberal studies by emphasizing processes that build effective critical thinking and writing as foundations. ALS topical seminars then hone student skills through well-rounded study in the:
- social sciences
- natural sciences
The ALS senior thesis is the capstone requirement of the program undertaken with a faculty member, the thesis adviser. Students integrate their thesis theme with their concentration courses.
ALS offers an optional Honors Program that provides a valuable foundation of writing and research for students who want to be admitted in to advance graduate or professional programs or for those wanting a stimulating learning experience.
If you would like more information about this program, we encourage you to:
- Review the College of Adult and Lifelong Learning Degree Programs Fast Facts (PDF)
- Download the online Adult Liberal Studies program description (PDF format, 40K)
- Download the Adult Liberal Studies Check Sheet- review what courses will be required in this degree program.
- Email UT Online: email@example.com or call 419.530.8835; 866.UTOLEDO (866-886-5336) toll free
- Call student services at 419.530.3142 for detailed program information and advising
For more information please contact:
Online Admission Representative: 855.327.5695
The University of Toledo is regionally accredited by the North Central Association (NCA) and is authorized to offer degrees online.
U Select is a statewide Web-based transfer information system supported by the Ohio Board of Regents. U Select shows course equivalencies between public and private two-year and four-year colleges and universities, along with college degree requirements.