Early Childhood Education Sample Plan of Study
The Master of Education in Early Childhood Education is a 36-semester hour program:
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
|Year 1||EDP core1
1. Foundations Core Courses - 12 hours: All students completing the master’s degree must fulfill core requirements by completing one course from each of the four foundations; four of the first six courses must be core courses.
Foundations core courses by area:
- Psychological Foundations: EDP 5110, 5120, 5210, 5220, 5230, 5310, 5320, or 5330
- Research Foundations: RESM 5110, 5210, 5310, or 5330
- Social Foundations: TSOC 5100, 5110, 5200, 5210, 5230, 5300, 5400, or 5500
- Curriculum Foundations: CIEC 5340 or 6310
2. Specialty Courses in Early Childhood - 18 hours
Courses must be pre-approved by the faculty advisor
3. Culminating Activity (Thesis or Project) - 6 hours
ACCREDITATION AND STATE AUTHORIZATION
The University of Toledo is regionally accredited by the North Central Association (NCA) and is authorized to offer degrees online. The Judith Herb College of Education at The University of Toledo is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) from fall 2016 to fall 2023. The accreditation does not include individual education courses that the EPP offers to P-12 educators for professional development, re-licensure, or other purposes.
State Departments of Education set requirements for educator licensure and certification. It is highly recommended that students who seek admission to a University of Toledo, Judith Herb College of Education online program for endorsement, initial educator certification, or licensure in their home state contact their home state’s Department of Education to verify that the desired program and its graduates will meet the eligibility criteria for those credentials. The website of The National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification has a directory of state offices of certification.
For information please contact:
Online Admission Representative: 855.327.5695
Early Childhood, Physical & Special Education
Professor Laurie Dinnebeil
Phone: 419.530.4118 with any course specific questions.