Direct from High School Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to The University of Toledo!
We are very excited that you have chosen to pursue your education at UT. Our goal is to ensure that you have the necessary tools and information to successfully begin your educational journey. The first step towards success begins with orientation!
Rocket Launch is a one-day, mandatory orientation program for new students. Students are able to bring up to two guests
for free to the program (additional guests over age 12 will be charged $25 to cover
the cost of meals and materials). During the program, you will meet with your academic
adviser, register for courses, complete procedural details such as obtaining your
Rocket Card (student ID), and learn about the many opportunities that UT offers both
inside and outside the classroom.
Make sure you carefully read all information on this website, which will guide you through the Rocket Launch program registration process. You are not finished with the process until you have completed the following steps:
- Activate your UTAD account.
- Enter the myUT Portal and click on "Orientation" on the New Student tab. Click on the sticky note icon to register for an orientation program date through the online reservation system.
- Complete all required placement tests prior to attending orientation.
- Submit a photo online to obtain Student ID (Rocket Card).
- Review Treasurer Office Forms (FERPA Consent, Title IV Consent, Transfer Excess Financial Aid to the Rocket Card, Direct Deposit Authorization) located on the New Student tab.
- Pay the Enrollment Deposit and the Housing Deposit before attending orientation. The Enrollment/Housing Deposit link is located on the New Student tab.
Failure to Pay the Enrollment/Housing Deposit before attending orientation WILL PREVENT the student from registering for courses.
7. Attend a one-day orientation program.
On behalf of The University of Toledo campus community, we welcome you and look forward
to meeting you at orientation. Please feel free to call the Office of New Student
Orientation Programs at 419.530.1267 or toll-free at 877.752.0005 if you have any
Office of New Student Orientation Programs