Connect With Us
Resources and Links
- Blackboard/WebCT Login
- College Catalog
- Career Series Bulletin
- Drug Information Resources
- Experiential Education
- Honors Program
- Library/Learning Resources
- Research Opportunities for CPPS Students
- Student Affairs
- Student Organizations
Health Science Campus
Frederic and Mary Wolfe Center
Ezdihar A. Hassoun
Professor of Pharmacology
Vice Chair of Pharmacology
|B.Sc.||University of Baghdad
|Ph.D.||University of Uppsala, Sweden
Oxidative stress and oxygen free radicals biochemistry, in vivo and in vitro studies on the toxicities of environmental pollutants.
- Hassoun EA, Wang, Xin. Ricin-induced toxicity in the macrophage J744A.1 Cells: The role of TNF-alpha and the modulation
effects of TNF-alpha polyclonal antibody. J. Biochem. Mol. Toxicol. 14 : 95-101 (2000).
- Hassoun EA, Li, F, Abushaban, A, Stohs, S. The relative abilities of TCDD and its congeners to induce oxidative stress in
the hepatic and brain tissues of rats after subchronic exposure. Toxiology, 145 : 103-113 (2000).
- Hassoun EA, Li, F, Abushaban A, Stohs, S. Production of Superoxide Anion, Lipid peroxidation and DNA damage in the hepatic
and brain tissues of rats after subchronic exposure to mixtures of TCDD and its congeners. J. Appl. Toxicl. 21:211-219 (2001).
- Hassoun EA, Wang H, Abushaban A, Stohs S. Induction of oxidative stress in the tissues of rats after chronic exposure to
TCDD, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8 -- pentachlorodibenzofuran and 3, 3, 4, 4, 5 -- pentachlorobiphenyl. J. Toxicol. Environ. Hlth. 65:825-842
- Hassoun E, Al-Ghafri, M, Abushaban, A. The role of antioxidant enzymes in TCDD-induced oxidative stress in various brain
regions of rats after subchronic exposure. Free. Rad. Biol. Med., 35: 1028-1036 (2003).
- Hassoun E, Vidisha Kini. Effects of superoxide dismutase and polyclonal tumor necrosis factor alpha antibodies on
chloroacetate-induced cellular death and superoxide anion production by J774.A1 macrophages. Comp. Biochem. Pysiol. Part C,
- Hassoun E, Vodhanel J., Abushaban, A. The modulatory effects of ellagic acid and vitamin E succinate on TCDD-induced
oxidative stress in different brain regions of rats after subchronic exposure. J. Biochem. Mol. Toxicol. 18: 196-203 (2004).
- Alsharif, N., Hassoun E. Protective effects of vitamin A and vitamin E succinate against TCDD-induced body wasting,
hepatomegaly, thymic atrophy, production of reactive oxygen species and DNA damage in C57BL/6J mice. Basic. Clin. Pharmacol.
- Hassoun, E., Kariya, C., Williams, F. Dichloroacetae-induced developmental toxicity and production of reactive oxygen
species in zebrafish embryos. J. Biochem. Mol. Toxicol. , 19: 52-57 (2005)
- Hassoun, E., Vodhanel, J., Holden, B., Abushaban, A. The effects of ellagic acid and vitamin E succinate on antioxidant
enzymes activities in different brain regions of rats after subchronic exposure to TCDD. J. Toxicol.Environ. Health . 69:381-393
- Byers, J., Masters, K., Sarver, J., Hassoun, E. Association between the levels of biogenic amines and superoxide anion
production in brain regions of rats after subchronic exposure to TCDD. Toxicology : 228: 291-298 (2006).
- Hassoun, E., and Dey, S. Dichloroacetate- and trichloroacetate-induced phagocytic activation and production of oxidative stress in the hepatic tissues of mice after acute exposure. J. B iochem. Mol. Toxicol. , 22: (In press) 2008.