Accounting Bachelor's Degree Overview
Accountants offer a wide range of financial services in the public, business and government sectors. University of Toledo accounting majors spend two years taking core business classes before specializing in accounting. Graduates find jobs as everything from auditors and tax specialists to chief financial officers. Many UToledo accounting undergraduates go on for an accounting graduate degree — a one-year master of science in accountancy — at The University of Toledo.
Accounting Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Paid internships that earn college credit. More than 85% of UToledo accounting majors get well-paid internships that often lead to full-time jobs after graduation. The College of Business and Innovation partners with public accounting firms and Fortune 500 companies in Toledo, Ohio, and all over the U.S.
- High job placement rate. 93% of UT graduates who majored in accounting find jobs, often before they graduate. Starting salaries average $50,000. The Business Career Programs office helps with mock interviews, job fairs and networking.
- One of the world’s only accredited accounting programs. UToledo’s program is one of just 2% of accounting departments worldwide to be accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB).
- Above-average CPA pass rate. The Certified Public Accountant exam pass rates for UToledo accounting students have exceeded averages in Ohio and across the country for the past 10 years. Students also are well-prepared for the Certified Management Accounting (CMA) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) exams.
- A one-of-a-kind accounting lab. The Alan Barry Accounting Lab is the only one in the nation with lab licenses for CPA and CMA review material. Free workshops help accounting students study and practice with the tools, software and situations they’ll encounter in the business world.
- Networking. UToledo's accounting bachelor's degree program is supported by active, dedicated alumni, professionals and businesses in Toledo, Ohio, and across the U.S. The Accounting Advisory Council and Accounting Professionals in Residence programs connect accounting students with working professionals. Mentors offer academic and career advice as well as connections that can lead to jobs.
- More options. UT’s comprehensive curriculum makes it easy to double major or minor in another area of business, such as information systems or finance.
Those with University of Toledo accounting degrees are prepared for careers in public accounting, business and government. They are hired by some of the biggest local and national companies, including PricewaterhouseCoopers; Ernst & Young; Plante & Moran; Gilmore Jasion Mahler; Marathon Petroleum Corporation; Owens Corning; and Libbey.
Accounting Bachelor’s Degree Jobs
|Chief financial officer (CFO)||Payroll specialist|
|Comptroller/controller||Supply chain manager|
|Global audit director||Tax associate|
"The vested interest UToledo accounting professors have in the success of their students is unmatched. During my time as a Rocket, I received not only academic support to achieve my educational goals, but also personal support to achieve my professional goals. Leadership opportunities, high academic achievement and internships led me to the job I have now, and I owe much of that to my dedicated accounting professors."
Clint Hardman, Tax Associate, PricewaterhouseCoopers
BBA '14, MSA '15
"The accounting program at The University of Toledo has prepared me for success in my professional career by exposing me to real-world scenarios, providing me opportunities to build a network with other professionals and pushing me to continuously strive for more. UToledo challenged me to become the best professional I could be, and I feel more than prepared to enter and succeed in my professional career."
Jessica Jakubowski, Risk Assurance Associate, Plante & Moran
BBA '15, MSA '16
Accounting Bachelor's Degree Plan of Study
UToledo's accounting bachelor's degree program includes coursework in financial accounting, management accounting, auditing, accounting systems and taxation.
Accounting Bachelor’s Degree Sample Classes
- Financial Accounting Information
- External Financial Reporting II
- Individual Taxation
View Plan of Study
Internship Opportunities for Accounting Bachelor's Degree
|Ernst & Young||Plante & Moran|
|Gilmore Jasion Mahler||PricewaterhouseCoopers|
|Marathon Petroleum Corporation||Weber O'Brien, Ltd.|