As members of The University of Toledo community, all students should become familiar with the Student Code of Conduct. All students, from time of application to the awarding of a degree, are held accountable to the Student Code of Conduct. The code outlines the expectations for behavior — including prohibited behaviors — and the procedures in place for handling Student Code of Conduct violations.
This site is a resource for students, families, faculty, and staff, providing information about the Office of Student Conduct, our services, and the Student Code of Conduct process. We are here not only to interpret and enforce the Student Code of Conduct, but also to assist those who may have been impacted by any student’s actions; in such cases we can help with referrals and connect the affected parties with campus and local resources.
As the UT Student Conduct Officer, I encourage you to explore our website. The Office of Student Conduct staff, including myself, is here to assist with any questions or concerns you may have.
Mary Martinez, MSWStudent Conduct Officer
The Office of Student Conduct serves as the primary liaison to the Student Code of Conduct, coordinates the student conduct review process, and implements all phases of recruiting, selecting, and training of hearing administrators and board members. The Office of Student Conduct further serves to promote a culture of integrity, respect, responsibility, and a civil learning environment that fosters and supports personal growth and the development of life skills through adjudication of alleged misconduct, both on and off campus; by holding students and student organizations accountable for conduct inconsistent with the expectations of the university community.
The Office of Student Conduct fulfills this mission by:
- Developing, disseminating, interpreting, and enforcing the Student Code of Conduct
- Educating students about their rights and responsibilities as University community members
- Intervening and effectively addressing concerns
- Investigating and resolving alleged violations of The Student Code of Conduct
- Supporting students and student organizations in an effort to foster maturity, independence, confidence, and life-long learning skills
- Offering educational and leadership opportunities for the University Community
Want to join the Student Conduct Hearing Board? Click here for the online application.