As members of The University of Toledo community, all students and student organizations should become familiar with the Student Code of Conduct. All students are responsible for his/her conduct from the time of application for admission through the actual awarding of a degree. The code outlines the universities expectations for behavior, and the procedures in place for violation of these expectations.
This site is a resource for students, families, faculty, and staff, providing information about the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards, our services, and the Student Conduct Process. We are here not only to interpret and enforce the Student Code of Conduct, but also to assist those who may have been impacted by any student's/student organizations actions.
As the University Conduct Officer, I encourage you to explore our website. My team and I are here to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Ashleigh J. Wade, M.Ed.
Associate Dean of Students & Director of Student Conduct and Community Standards
The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards (OSC&CS) serves as the primary liaison to the Student Code of Conduct, coordinates the student conduct review process, and implements all phases of recruiting, selecting, and training of hearing administrators and board members. The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards further serves to promote a culture of integrity, respect, responsibility, and a civil learning environment that fosters and supports personal growth and the development of life skills through adjudication of alleged misconduct, both on and off campus; by holding students and student organizations accountable for conduct inconsistent with the expectations of the university community.
The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards fulfills this mission by:
- Developing, disseminating, interpreting, and enforcing the Student Code of Conduct
- Educating students about their rights and responsibilities as University community members
- Intervening and effectively addressing concerns
- Investigating and resolving alleged violations of The Student Code of Conduct
- Supporting students and student organizations in an effort to foster maturity, independence, confidence, and life-long learning skills
- Offering educational and leadership opportunities for the University Community