- Mission Statement
- OSL Advisory Committee
- Student Organizations
- Student Organization Forms
- Student Events Calendar
- Student Leadership Ceremony
- Student Life Around Toledo
- Contact Us
- The Victory Center
- SAAAPA - Student Academy of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
- AAPA - American Academy of Physician Assistants
- OAPA - Ohio Association of Physician Assistants
- Swan Creek Preserve - Toledo Area Metroparks
- The University of Toledo's Physician Assistant Program
- The University of Toledo - Health Science Campus
Health Science Campus
Mulford LibraryRoom 122
Fax: 419.383.4233 email@example.com
J.D. Michaels Physician Assistant Student Society
October 30, 2009 - MD-PA Team Presentation
- SAAAPA and the UT American Medical Student Association held a presentation about the Physician-PA Healthcare team. A video was shown highlighting the importance of working together as healthcare providers and a local MD-PA team discussed their experiences working together.
October 2009 - New SAAAPA Officers for 2010
President: Megan Mosier
Secretary: Stephanie Sills
Risk Assessment: Nicole Frost
Treasurer: Lindsey Miller
Publicist: Caitlin Scannell
External Affairs: Don Pohorence
AOR: Sarah Walsh
HOD: Jill Burton
Diversity Chair: Rachel Nwaokolo
Historian: Rachael Kohntopp
October 6 -12, 2009 - SAAAPA held 5 functions during National PA Week 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
- 3rd Annual Race For Victory 5k Run/3k Walk - Registration @ 9:00am Start @ 10:00am
All proceeds go to The Victory Center – a local non-profit assisting those with cancer Location: Swan Creek Metropark, Airport entrance
Visit the Race for Victory website for more information.
Monday, October 5, 2009 to Friday, October 9, 2009
- Week-long collection of non-perishable food items for donation
Benefitting: Toledo Area Ministries “Feed Your Neighbor”
Location: Collier Building on UT Health Science Campus
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
- Brown Bag Lunch (12 – 1pm) with Neurosurgery PA: David Sell MSBS, PA-C
Location: Toledo The Hotel at The University of Toledo Faculty Club
Thursday, October 8, 2009
- PA Information Booth from 11:00am – 1:00pm
Location: The Toledo Hospital Cafeteria
- PA Information Booth from 5:00 – 7:00pm
Location: Student Union on UT Main Campus
August 27, 2009 - SAAAPA Welcome event for new PA students
- Current SAAAPA members held a welcome event for incoming UT PA students at Beaner's Coffee Shop in Toledo.
July 23, 2009 - SAAAPA Bake Sale
- SAAAPA will be held a fundraising bake sale at The University of Toledo Health Science Campus Cafeteria to raise funds for future SAAAPA events.
May 30, 2009 - SAAAPA Picnic
- SAAAPA held a family picnic for PA students and their families at Maumee Bay State Park.
May 23 - 25, 2009 - AAPA National Conference
- Two SAAAPA officers attended the 37th National AAPA Conference in San Diego, California.
May 2, 2009 - Hampton on the Trail
- Hampton on the Trail is a fundraiser 5k Run/3k Walk (see website for details) in an effort to establish an endowed scholarship fund to honor James Hampton, PhD. Dr. Hampton taught at UT (formerly Medical College of Ohio) for over 20 years to students in the physician assistant, nursing, basic science, medical school, physical therapy and other programs. Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) in 2007 and this forced him to retire from the teaching that he so loved. This year, over $5,000 was raised. This fund plans to annually provide merit-based awards to PA and Nursing students that excel in Jim's area of expertise: Pathophysiology. As Jim battles the disease, we hope to raise the necessary money to endow the fund in the near future.
April 9, 2009 - PA Student Fundraiser
- SAAAPA fundraising event at Max & Erma's in Maumee that raised funds to assist a UT PA student who was diagnosed with a bone tumor.
March 17, 2009 - Bake Sale
- SAAAPA sponsored a bake sale in the UT Medical Center Cafeteria to raise funds to send two officers to the annual AAPA National Conference (San Diego).
February 2009 - PA Awareness
- PA students visited BGSU to increase awareness of the UT PA Program and the PA profession
February 5, 2009 - PA Patch Ceremony
- SAAAPA sponsored a lunch for the 2nd year students prior to the start of their clinical rotations. Each student was presented a University of Toledo PA Patch, which was designed by a fellow PA student.
PAPatch Ceremony Photos:
A 2nd year PA student receives her white coat patch from Patricia Hogue, PhD, PA-C
2nd year PA students displaying their University of Toledo PA Patches for their student white coats
PAstudents enjoying the SAAAPA sponsored pizza lunch
View the SAAAPA Archives:
SAAAPA Officers 2009
|SAAAPA Officers 2009|
|AOR - Assembly of
|External Affairs||Amal Dudar|