- Office of Recreation Home
- Hours of Operation
- Mission Statement
- Meet the Staff
- Student Employees
- Contact Us
- Facility Information
- Reservations and Rentals
- Facility Rules & Regulations
- Climb Wall
- Fitness Programs
- High Ropes Course
- Red Cross Certification Classes
- Special Events
- Sport Clubs
- Summer Day Camp
- Swim Lessons
- Wilderness Expedition (WEX)
- LEADERSHIP CLASSES
- S.W.A.T. Team
- Life @ College Program
Forms and Publications
- Online Recreation Center Facility Rental Application Form
- PDF Recreation Center Facility Rental Application Form
- PDF Health Education Center Rental Application Form
- Child Release / Rental Release Form
- Lap Lane Schedule
- Swim Lessons & Red Cross Certification Registration Form
- Personal Training Registration
- Ask Rocky
- Campus Directory
- Campus Safety
- Sexual Assault Info
- Student Code of Conduct
- Title IX Info
- University Police Dept.
- UT Crisis Guide
- Center for Experiential Learning and Career Development
- Distance and eLearning
- DSA Assessment
- First Year Experience
- Student Disability Services
- Office of Excellence
- Office of New Student Orientation Programs
- Office for the Student Experience
- Online Student Planner
- Outstanding Adviser Award
- Registration Dates/Info
- Success Coach Program
- Student Handbook
- Student Government
- Student Organization List
- Student Union
- Undergraduate Research
- UT Dining and Hospitality
- Walk In Wednesday Advising
Office of Recreation
2801 West Bancroft St.
Toledo, OH 43606-3390
GENERAL USER REGULATIONS
- The turnstile in the Main Lobby is the main point of entry. Use of any other exterior door without permission is prohibited and will result in loss of privilege and/or fees. All exterior doors are linked to security alarms.
- A Valid Student Rocket card or SRC membership card is needed to gain access in to the Rec Center. Anyone bearing or possessing an ID that is not his/hers will be removed and the ID will be confiscated. Trespassing and ID fraud are illegal; Any individual caught trying to gain entrance to the Student Recreation Center using an ID other than their own will have that ID confiscated and all parties involved will lose access to all Office of Recreation programs and service and will be charged a $25 violation fee and must meet with an Office of Recreation professional. This can be sent up the following day.
- Current students and members are permitted access to the facility twice per semester, if they forget their IDs. To do so, they must have some other forms of picture IDs or a picture on the blackboard system. After the second time, they may purchase a guest passes for $9.
- Members, students, faculty and staff who have lost their ID or who have an ID that is unreadable or with an unclear photo must pay to have the ID replaced.
- The recreation staff reserves the right to ask for additional identification at any time. Individuals unable to verify their identity to the satisfaction of SRC staff will be denied entry.
- Guests are required to be accompanied by the sponsoring member for the duration of their visit and present a picture ID, as well as the valid guest pass, for entry. The sponsor may not leave until their guest leaves.
- All cars parked on campus must be registered with The University of Toledo Parking Services Office in the Transportation Center.
- Handicapped parking spaces are located adjacent to the SRC on the east side.
- Motorcycles must be parked in a designated parking space. Parking on sidewalks is prohibited.
- The metered parking spaces are for individuals making a brief visit to the facilities to conduct business. Expired meters are ticketed 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Parking areas may be closed due to collegiate athletics events.
- The Student Recreation Center, The Office of Recreation, The Division of Student Affairs and The University of Toledo are not responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced property. All areas of the SRC, including the locker rooms, are to storage use at the risk of the patron.
- Always bring and use a lock to protect valuables.
- Coin locker (25 cent) are available in both men’s and women’s locker rooms. Wallet lockers (5 cent) are available just outside the entry to the women’s locker room. Complementary nickels are available at the Issue desk.
- Locks may be checked out with a photo ID at the equipment issue desk on the lower level of the SRC - limited availability.
- Locks are for sale in the main office of the Student Recreation Center.
- Lockers may not be used overnight. Locks and contents not removed at the close of each day are confiscated, and the owner may face disciplinary action. Lockers are available for rental in the main office.
- Items not claimed after seven days will be discarded or donated to charity.
- Co-ed use of locker room facilities is limited to parentally supervised children who are 5 year old or younger.
- The restrooms on the main level in the pool observation deck area are designated as unisex and family restroom / locker rooms. All guests and patrons are permitted to use this facility as necessary.
- Photography of any form is not permitted in the locker rooms.
- Any SRC user who needs special accommodations may check in at the main office.
- SRC staff is authorized to allow guests to enter without using the turnstile.
- SRC staff is not trained to assisting with transfers, dressing or personal hygiene, and therefore are not permitted to do so.
- Individuals who required the assistance of a personal attendant must register the attendant with the office before entry.
- Service animals are welcome in the facility. Animals must be identified.
PHOTO PASS POLICY
- Photography of any kind (including cell phone and video cameras) is strictly prohibited unless prior permission is granted.
- Guests who wish to take photos or video must check in at the front office reception desk. These guests will be informed of the photo privacy policies.
- In exchange for a photo ID, the guest will be issued a photo pass, which must be clearly displayed at all times during the visit.
RESERVATION - Facility reservations can be made by recognized UT student organization and departments.
- The group must turn in an application with a non-refundable $30 application fee with a minimum of two weeks’ notice. $25 application fee for a valid student organization.
- Room/area rental fees will be waived for valid student organizations, but groups will be responsible for any cost associated with the reservation, including additional staffing needs.
- Student Groups may reserve space in the SRC up to three times in a single semester.
- Any non-student/non-members must submit a properly completed and signed outing release form and pay a guest pass fee.
- All regular user guidelines apply (proper ID is required)
- All groups are encouraged to call the Office of Recreation to check on dates/times before submitting an application as UT and SRC events, informal recreation needs, and prior reservation/rentals will take priority over pending reservation.
- The Student Recreation Center and Health Education building are available for rental. Rentals are requested and reserved at our website.
- Applications must be submitted two weeks prior to the requested event date, along with the $30 nonrefundable application fee.
- All participants must turn in signed outing release form (18 and under signed by parent/legal guardian, 18 and older signed by participant).
- A Chaperone Guide must also be signed and submitted the day of the rental to verify participant knowledge of SRC policies and user guidelines.
- Groups with minors (17 and under) require active chaperones in all areas being used.
- Groups are responsible for knowing all facility rules and regulations including proper clothing and what areas they are permitted to use. Groups will be given a Group Orientation by our Staff.
- SHARED RENTALS (during regular operational hours) $9/person paid the day of the event, School day filed trips $7/student. There is no facilities fee; however, cost of extra staff will be billed to renter.
- EXCLUSIVE RENTALS (during non-operational hours) Cost include areas/rooms rented and equipment. Extra charges for staffing and miscellaneous items will apply. Facilities fees will be assessed based on the scope and duration of the rental. Full payment is due four business days before the event. All exclusive rental applications must be submitted 4 weeks prior to the date of the event. Rentals applications are available at the SRC Main Office and provided in a printable format off of the SRC website
- Third-party checks are not accepted.
- Checks will not be accepted from individuals who have ever had a returned check from any UT office.
- SRC staff reserves the right to ask for additional photo ID when accepting a check.
- SRC staff reserves the right to call the institution supporting a check to verify available funds before depositing.
- Refunds will not be processed for those who pay by check until the check has cleared.
- All check should be made out to The University of Toledo.
- If a class or program is cancelled or rescheduled by the SRC, registrants will receive a voucher good toward the same class or program held at a future date or a full refund. Refunds are mailed in the form of a UT check. Processing takes six to eight weeks.
- If a registrant drops a class or program at least five days before the class or program begins, she/he may receive a voucher for another class or a refund minus a $15 processing fee.
- If a registrant drops a class or program with LESS than five-days’ notice, no credit or refund or make-up sessions. Reservation fees are not refundable.
- Refunds will not be made on SRC annual or semester membership after 30 days of purchase. Refunds are not offered at all on short-term membership. Special circumstances will be reviewed by the director or associate director.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Rules and policies are posted and published for distribution to our program users. The authority to enforce these policies is vested in the recreation staff and the administrative personnel responsible for the programs. Student employees do not have the option to overlook, change of bend rules; their task is to conduct business according to the set policies. Differences of opinion regarding the rules may be referred to the director of recreation.
- Violation of rules or posted policies, malicious use or defection of UT property, solicitation, verbal/ physical abuse of others, or any violation of University policy will be investigated by staff using policy. Sanctions such as legal action, fines, restitution, temporary loss of privilege, revocation or restriction of membership, or referral of students to the University Student Conduct Office may be imposed.
FAMILIES AND MINOR USER REGULATION
- Parent/approved sponsor may bring the child to the SRC Friday/Saturday/Sunday during fall/spring or on any day during the summer. NOTE: minors will also be permitted into the SRC for break periods during fall and spring semester
- A sibling or grandchild under 18 years of age can be sponsored for a guest pass if a current parental release is on file with the SRC Office. The fee is $5 a visit.
- All members need their own ID card to gain entry.
- Children are required to observe the same clothing and usage policies as other users.
CHILD (UNDER 14)
- A parent or approved sponsor must always accompany the child to the facility and supervise the child for the duration of the visit.
- Child member must show membership ID and be accompanied by a parent or parent-approved adult member.
- Parent must be in the water at all ties with a child 5 years of age and under. Lifeguards have discretionary authority to require a parent to be in the water with the child over 5 years of age whom they judge to be a weak swimmer.
- Children under 6 years of age are prohibited access to and use of the water slide and diving pool and from taking the test to qualify to use these areas.
- Children ages 6 - 13 are required to pass a swimming test to qualify for use of the water slide, deep water areas and the diving pool. Wristbands may be obtained from the aquatic staff on duty following successful completion of the swim test. Goggles are not permitted during the test and child must jump into water.
- When using the pool, children in diapers must wear protective plastic pants with secure leg closure or swim diapers.
- Children are prohibited access to and use of the exercise machines, free weight area, spa and sauna.
- Fitness Studio, Cycling Studio and Willow Room use is restricted to adults only, unless the program is design specifically for a younger age group.
- Climbing wall use is limited to bouldering with a parent/chaperone spotter for the child.
- Racquetball and indoor track use is limited to children accompanied by parent/chaperone doing the same activity. Only the supervising parent may check out racquets.
YOUTH (AGE 14 - 17 YEARS)
- Parents need only be in the facility with a youth 14 - 17 years of age.
- Youths aged 14 - 17 may use the exercise machines, free weight area, spa and sauna as well as all other areas of the facility.
- Youth member must show membership ID and be accompanied by a parent or parent-approved adult member.
SWIMMING POOL AREA USER REGULATION
General Pool Rules:
- Patrons must walk on the deck; no running/skipping/power walking…
- Only sandals or bare feet are allowed on the pool deck
- Gum and food are not permitted
- No outside pool toys or lifejackets allowed. Please use only what the Rec Center provides.
- All toys and equipment must be used in their intend way (i.e. don’t use the kickboards as surfboards or pull buoys as water wings)
- No rough horseplay
- Patrons cannot sit on another patron’s shoulders (“chicken fighting”)
- No diving into area less than 7ft deep. Fitness swimmers are permitted to dive into the 7ft area at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
Leisure Pool Rules:
- No standing or walking on the retaining walls or island.
- No climbing over any wall that has water on both sides
- No jumping into bubble bench area or whirl pool area
- No diving
- Waterslide can only be used by those over 14 years old and children who have passed our swimming test and are wearing a pink or red wrist band
- When going down the waterslide, patrons must go feet first, sitting in either an upright position or lying flat on their back (NO STOMACH DOWN)
- Keep patrons away from the mouth of the slide while the slide is in use
- Goggles are not permitted on the slide
Diving Pool Rules:
- Diving boards can only be used by those over 14 years old and children who have passed our swimming test and are wearing a pink wrist band
- Each diving board has its own ladder for exiting the pool
- Only one person on the board at a time
- One bounce or spring per jump or dive
- No running on the boards
- For the 3 meter board, the next person in line must wait for the person on the board to jump before they can climb up the ladder
- No one under 14 can use the platform
- No diving in the side of the pool; use only the boards
- Only forward facing dives/jumps are permitted; no forward facing back flips, back jumps, or “Gainers”
- Wearing goggles is not permitted while using the diving boards
Competition Pool Rules:
- Lap lanes can only be used by those 14 years old and over, or children who have passed our swimming test and are wearing a pink wrist band
- Lap lanes are reserved for individuals swimming laps, during busy times lap swimmers are required to share lanes
- The back three lanes may be used for lap swimming if adequate staff is available.
- Crew Chiefs or lifeguards may ask patrons to share or move lanes during busy times or if adequate staff is not available.
- Do not hang or pull on lane lines
- Starting blocks can only be used when a certified swim coach is present
- Blue kickboards and the pull buoys are for the competition pool only
- No diving into the shallow end of the pool (i.e. the basketball area)
- Water basketball games must be kept inside of the pool; no shooting from the pool deck or bouncing the ball on deck
- No grabbing or hanging on the basketball rims
Sauna and Hot Tub Rules:
- No individual under the age of 14 can use either of these areas
- No working out in the sauna
- No long sleeves or long pants are permitted in the sauna
- No pouring water on the sauna heaters
- No jumping or diving into the hot tub
USER REGULATION BY AREA
APPROPRIATE ATHLETIC ATTIRE MUST BE WORN WHEN USING SPORTS AND WORKOUT AREAS
- Shoes must be worn. Open-toe shoes or shoes that mark of damage floors are prohibited.
- Exercise attire must cover the entire torso to help prevent the spread of skin infections.
- Street clothing is prohibited due to restriction of movement.
- Head covering that restrict the line of view - such as baseball caps - are prohibited.
- Any patron wearing attire deemed inappropriate by SRC staff will be asked to change or leave the facility immediately.
- All personal belongings are to be secured in a locked locker.
- Slapping the backboards and hanging on rims or nets are prohibited.
- The courts may be used for designated activities and use of projectiles such as footballs and baseballs are restricted to the auxiliary gym.
- Use of courts is limited to 45 minutes when others are waiting.
- Check out equipment on the lower level is available with a photo ID.
- Court 4 is dedicated to volleyball and half of court 5 is dedicated to badminton at all times unless scheduled by SRC programs. Individuals using this area for other activities will be required to move to another court or activity area if volleyball or badminton play begins.
GROUP EXERCISE ROOMS
- Scheduled SRC programing has priority use for Fitness Studio, Cycling Room and Willow Room. These spaces are reserved for SRC Programming only and are not available for rental by outside or student groups.
- Proper athletic footwear is required to use the rooms. Any shoe that marks or mars the floor is prohibited. Bare feet will be allowed for martial arts and mind-body activities, but shoes must be worn to and from the Group Exercise Rooms.
- Use a towel or wear a full T-shirt when using floor mats to reduce shin contact and the spread of infections.
- Weapons are strictly prohibited (unless used as part of a scheduled SRC program such as marital arts, fencing etc.).
- DO NOT place tape on the floors or walls.
- Do not sit on or place belonging on the tables. Use a locker or place items under the table in use.
- Food, beverages, tobacco use and gambling are strictly prohibited.
- Users need to limit time of play to posted time limits when others are waiting.
- All equipment needs to be used appropriately and put away when finished. Patrons may be charged for damages or stolen equipment.
- Five meeting rooms are available in the SRC. The rooms suit a variety of group sizes and functions.
- Rooms may be reserved for exclusive use or as part of a shared rental.
- Food/drink is permitted in reserved meeting rooms and pool observation deck.
- Scheduled SRC functions have priority use.
- All gym courts policies apply to this area.
- DO NOT place tape on the floors or walls.
- Approved footwear for the SRC track includes: non-marking athletic shoes, and track shoes without spikes. Shoes must be worn.
- Running direction is patterned to help reduce leg stress associated with running tight turns.
- Do not spit on the floors, walls, or in the water fountains.
- Bicycles, Skates or any other form of transportation is not permitted.
- Track users are required to wear a shirt/top.
- Children under 14 years of age are prohibited unless running with their parents.
- DO NOT place tape on the floors or walls.
- Strollers are not permitted on the track level or in any other activity area.
EXERCISE AREAS & FREE WEIGHT ROOM
- Workout attire must be worn to use the exercise machines and free-weight room. Attire includes sweats or short shorts, full athletic shoes (no open-toe shoes) and T-shirt or top that covers the full torso of the body. Shoes must be worn on all equipment and in weight rooms.
- For health reasons, shirts which cover the trunk of the body (or a towel) must be used to avoid skin contact with equipment.
- Weight gloves only, no chalk.
- The machines and weight should be used with care. Dropping plates, dumbbells or weight stacks can cause injury and damage.
- Limit the length of your workout at a single station to posted limits when others are waiting.
- Users must adhere to posted user guides on machines and equipment.
- The free weight room may be closed, without notice, to rack weights and ensure the room is safe for all users. Your help in racking the weights you use will reduce the need to close the room.
- Safety goggles are highly recommended.
- Racquetball racquets are required to have bumper guards and wrist ropes/straps.
- Black racquetballs and/or any ball that marks the walls are prohibited.
- Athletic shoes are required. Any athletic shoes that marks the floor is prohibited.
- Shirts must be worn at all times on the courts.
- Racquetballs may be purchased in the SRC office.
- Children under 14 years of age are prohibited unless playing with their parent.
PATIO & SAND VOLLEYBALL COURTS
- Entrance to the patio is through the pool area only. Patrons must remove shoes before crossing the pool deck to and from the patio.
- Glass containers, use of tobacco, and alcohol beverages are strictly prohibited.
- The area is open April through the end of October, weather permitting.
- Patrons are required to remove sand and grass from their clothing and bodies before crossing the pool deck to return to the locker areas.
- Sand volleyballs must be checked out at the issue area. Please do not bring personal equipment.
- Food is prohibited except during approved rental functions.
- Climbers under 14 must have an adult present to spot them while climbing.
- Patrons cannot climb above yellow line unless they are a certified belayer or being belayed by a SRC Staff Member.
- Maximum of 6 people on the wall at a time.
- Patrons must wear tennis shoes or climbing shoes while climbing.
- Climbers can wear their own harness, shoes and use personal chalk. Harnesses must be inspected by staff.
- Climbers with climb cards must use Rec Center carabineers and belay devices.
- Climbing Commands must always be used when top roping.