- Future Students
- Current Students
- About Us
- Residence Halls
- Conferences and Guest Housing
- Commuter and Off-Campus Services
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
- Ask Rocky
- Campus Directory
- Campus Safety
- Center for Experiential Learning and Career Development
- UT Crisis Guide
- Distance and eLearning
- DSA Assessment
- First Year Experience
- Office of Academic Access
- Office of Excellence
- Office of New Student Orientation Programs
- Office for the Student Experience
- Online Student Planner
- Outstanding Adviser Award
- Registration Dates/Info
- Student Handbook
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Government
- Student Organization List
- Student Union
- Undergraduate Research
- University Police Dept.
- UT Dining and Hospitality
- Walk In Wednesday Advising
All first-year students are required to live in University housing, and participate in the meal plan program, unless an exemption has been filed and approved by the Office of Residence Life. The housing requirement for all first-year students is that if you live outside of a 50-mile radius from UT, you are required to live on campus your freshman year. Students within a 50-mile radius can choose to live at home with a parent or guardian or live on campus.
UT requires a $100 enrollment deposit and a $100 housing deposit (for students living on campus). You can make these deposits as soon as you are admitted, deposits can be made through your MyUT portal, on the “New Student” tab.
2014-2015 Academic Year Application
- The new student housing application for the 2014-2015 academic year will be available beginning October 30, 2013.
- If you are attending UT for the first time, you must be officially admitted to the university in order to submit a housing application. Upon admittance, create your UTAD account on the myUT Portal. You will use your new UTAD to apply for housing and select your housing preferences.
- Apply for housing early! Students receive their reservation timeslot to select their room based on application completion date. The earlier your reservation timeslot, the more choices you have in room style.
- A $140 housing payment ($40 non-refundable application fee and $100 housing pre-payment (deposit)) is required of all new students to housing.
- Before logging in to myUT Portal to fill out your application, please review the 2014-2015 Housing Contract.
- Please note that the online housing application is the only one that we offer. If you do not have access to a computer or need assistance with your application, please contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or email@example.com
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Read the 2014-2015 Housing Contract.
- Access the housing application via the myUT portal, https://myut.utoledo.edu.
- Click on "Application" tab on the top menu bar.
- Select the term (Academic Year 2014-2015).
- Refer to the "Application Menu" on the top of the application page for the steps necessary to complete the online housing application.
- Pay your $140 housing pre-payment (deposit) and application fees during the online application process.
- Remember to log back into the housing portal to select your space at your assigned reservation timeslot. You will receive an email to your UT email address with your allotted time.
IMPORTANT: Once you confirm your room selection, you are unable to change your room assignment until the third week of classes in September. Please choose carefully.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is myUT Housing?
myUT Housing is an online system that allows single, undergraduate students that have been admitted to The University of Toledo to complete an online housing application, make payments, search for and reserve a room, and search for and select a roommate.
How do I access myUT Housing?
myUT Housing is accessed through the myUT portal at http://myut.utoledo.edu. Log into your myUT portal using your UT username and password. If you need assistance with your username and password, log on to http://myut.utoledo.edu/myut/myut_loginhelp.html.
What if I want to cancel?
If you no longer wish to live on campus, you will need to notify the Office of Residence Life in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 419.530.2942 by no later than 9 a.m. on the first day of classes to cancel his/her contract without being charged housing fees. Please note that cancellation fees may apply. Once the contract period begins, a resident must submit a contract release request form no less than 14 days prior to the end of the semester.
How do I know my application is complete?
You can check your application status on the top of the myUT housing. You must pay a $100 pre-payment (deposit) and $40 non-refundable application fee at the time of application in order to complete the process. You will be able to pay online via e-check and major credit card. If you cannot make payment online, please contact the Office of Residence Life, 419.530.2941 or email@example.com.
When will I receive my reservation time?
Students who apply by January 2014 will be given reservation times to choose their room based on their completed application date. Students will be notified by e-mail with their room reservation time so they can participate in the Room Reservation Process. *Please note the Office of Residence Life will send all correspondence to the student’s assigned UT email account. Information on how to activate this account can be found at http://myut.utoledo.edu/myut/myut_loginhelp.html.
When does the room reservation process start?
Room selection begins for new residents January 2014 and concludes June 2014. If you do not reserve your room during these dates, you will be automatically assigned a room based on space availability.
How do I find a roommate?
Make sure you complete the Personal Preferences Profile when applying for housing. Beginning in January 2014, students will be able to search for a roommate. After that date, when you use the automatic roommate search, your profile answers will be compared to other applicants’ profiles and a list of students who match your profile will be generated. You will be able to contact potential roommates through myUT Housing. You can communicate with anyone using your “screen name” which hides your identity and when you are ready you can reveal your true name via e-mail. Or, you can request a specific person to be your roommate by simply submitting their Rocket ID Number. Remember, only students who have applied for housing can be requested as roommates.
Roommates can officially be selected once your reservation time begins. After both parties have confirmed they wish to room together, the student with the earlier reservation time can choose a room and pull the confirmed roommate into that room/suite. Remember, even if you both have confirmed as roommates, you really aren’t roommates until both of you have reserved the same room.
What if I don’t choose a roommate?
Choosing your roommate is optional. You can reserve the space you are interested in without going through the roommate process. At any time you can view the profile of other students reserved in your room/suite. If you decide to change rooms, you will need to cancel the room reservation you have and make another one.
*Please note that no room changes will be made in the first two weeks of the semester, so please select your room and roommate carefully.
Are there any fees for applying for housing?
Yes. All new students are required to make a payment of $140 ($40 non-refundable application fee and $100 housing pre-payment (deposit)).
What is the cost of housing for next year?
Housing fees are billed in July for the fall semester. Please click here to view housing rates for the academic year.
Can I mail in my payment?
No. All payments must be received online via the myUT Portal. If you can not make payment online, contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can my financial aid cover the housing application and pre-payment (deposit) fee?
No. In order to secure a housing assignment, we need the payment at the time of the application. If you are on a full-ride scholarship, a credit will be placed back onto your account prior to the start of the semester.
What should I do if I cannot make the payment now?
Unfortunately, we cannot hold applications for payment and if we do not receive the required housing fees at the time of application, your application will be canceled. Please apply once you are able to pay the required fees.
Do I have to be on a meal plan?
Yes! All students living in the residence halls are required to have a meal plan, except students who live in McComas Village. Check out the Meal Plan page for meal plan options.