- Future Students
- Current Students
- About Us
- Residence Halls
- Conferences and Guest Housing
- Commuter and Off-Campus Services
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
- Campus Directory
- Campus Safety
- Career Services
- UT Crisis Guide
- Distance and eLearning
- DSA Assessment
- First Year Experience
- Office of Accessibility
- Office of New Student Orientation Programs
- Office for the Student Experience
- Online Student Planner
- Outstanding Adviser Award
- Rocket Blast!
- Student Handbook
- Student Conduct Code
- Student Government
- Student Organization List
- UT Dining and Hospitality
Based on housing availability, all first-year students are required to live in University housing, and participate in the meal plan program, unless an exemption has been filed and approved by the Office of Residence Life.
2013-2014 Academic Year Application
- The new student housing application for the 2013-2014 academic year will be available beginning November 8, 2012.
- If you are attending UT for the first time, you must be officially admitted to the university in order to submit a housing application. Upon admittance, create your UTAD account on the myUT Portal. You will use your new UTAD to apply for housing and select your housing preferences.
- Apply for housing early! Students receive their reservation time to select their room based on application completion date, Honors status, and Specialized Living Communities preferences, if applicable. The earlier your reservation time, the more choices you have in room style.
- A$240 housing payment ($40 non-refundable application fee and $200 housing pre-payment (deposit) please note VISA is not accepted) is required of all new students to housing.
- Before logging in to myUT Portal to fill out your application, please review the 2013-2014 Housing Contract.
- Please note that the online housing application is the only one that we offer. If you do not have access to a computer or need assistance with your application, please contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or email@example.com
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Read the 2013-2014 Housing Contract.
- Access the housing application via the myUT portal, https://myut.utoledo.edu.
- Click on "Application" tab on the top menu bar.
- Select the term (Academic Year 2013-2014).
- Refer to the "Application Menu" on the top of the application page for the steps necessary to complete the online housing application.
- Pay your $240 housing pre-payment (deposit) and application fees (please note VISA is not accepted) during the online application process.
- Remember to log back into the housing portal to select your space at your assigned time. You will receive an email to your UT email address with your allotted time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Just like trying to get the concert tickets, only so many students can be on the portal at one time. If you don't get in right away, please keep trying!
NEW STUDENT HOUSING APPLICATION TIMELINE
November 8: Housing application and roommate search begins at 10AM through myUT portal. A $240 ($40 non-refundable application fee and $200 housing
pre-payment (deposit), please note VISA is not accepted) fee is required.
November 19: Room selection begins for all students accepted to the Honors program.
November 26: Room selection begins for students who applied for housing by November 8 and requested to live in a Specialized Living Community. Please Note: As there are limited rooms available in the Specialized Living Communities, students who do not get a room will be included in the General Room Selection process beginning November 30, 2012. All room selections are final, including Specialized Living Community selections. Once you finalize your room selection, you will be unable to change rooms until the third week of classes in September.
November 30: Room selection begins for General Room Selection. Please note: The General Room Selection process is only for students who completed their housing application prior to November 26. Those who applied after November 26 can select a room beginning December 3.
December 3: If you completed your application after November 26 or need to begin the application process you can complete your application, make payment, and reserve a room without waiting for a reservation time, as space is available.
May 31: Last day to cancel your online Housing Contract without penalty fees.
July 1: If you apply after this date, please log into myUT account and select the "Student" tab to check your bill. (Click View/Pay Bill under My Accounts)
June 30: Online room reservation closed (tentative pending room availability). Applications will still be available online. Students completing applications after this will be assigned by the Office of Residence Life as it becomes available.
IMPORTANT: Once you confirm your room selection, you are unable to change your room assignment until the third week of classes in September. Please choose carefully.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is myUT Housing?
myUT Housing is an online system that allows single, undergraduate students that have been admitted to The University of Toledo to complete an online housing application, make payments, search for and reserve a room, and search for and select a roommate.
How do I access myUT Housing?
myUT Housing is accessed through the myUT portal at http://myut.utoledo.edu. Log into your myUT portal using your UT username and password. If you need assistance with your username and password, log on to http://myut.utoledo.edu/myut/myut_loginhelp.html.
What if I want to cancel?
If you no longer wish to live on campus, you will need to notify the Office of Residence Life in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 419.530.2942 by no later than 9 a.m. on the first day of classes to cancel his/her contract without being charged housing fees. Please note that cancellation fees may apply. Once the contract period begins, a resident must submit a contract release request form no less than 14 days prior to the end of the semester.
How do I know my application is complete?
You can check your application status on the top of the myUT housing. You must pay a $200 pre-payment (deposit) and $40 non-refundable application fee at the time of application in order to complete the process. You will be able to pay online via e-check and major credit card. Please note that VISA is not accepted. If you cannot make payment online, please contact the Office of Residence Life, 419.530.2941 or email@example.com.
When will I receive my reservation time?
Students who apply by November 2012 will be given reservation times to choose their room based on their completed application date. Students will be notified by e-mail with their room reservation time so they can participate in the Room Reservation Process. *Please note the Office of Residence Life will send all correspondence to the student’s assigned UT email account. Information on how to activate this account can be found at http://myut.utoledo.edu/myut/myut_loginhelp.html.
When does the room reservation process start?
Room selection begins for new residents in November 2012 and concludes in June 2013. If you do not reserve your room during these dates, you will be automatically assigned a room based on space availability.
How do I find a roommate?
Make sure you complete the Personal Preferences Profile when applying for housing. Beginning in November 2012, for new students, students will be able to search for a roommate. After that date, when you use the automatic roommate search, your profile answers will be compared to other applicants’ profiles and a list of students who match your profile will be generated. You will be able to contact potential roommates through myUT Housing. You can communicate with anyone using your “screen name” which hides your identity and when you are ready you can reveal your true name via e-mail. Or, you can request a specific person to be your roommate by simply submitting their Rocket ID Number. Remember, only students who have applied for housing can be requested as roommates.
Roommates can officially be selected once your reservation time begins. After both parties have confirmed they wish to room together, the student with the earlier reservation time can choose a room and pull the confirmed roommate into that room/suite. Remember, even if you both have confirmed as roommates, you really aren’t roommates until both of you have reserved the same room.
What if I don’t choose a roommate?
Choosing your roommate is optional. You can reserve the space you are interested in without going through the roommate process. At any time you can view the profile of other students reserved in your room/suite. If you decide to change rooms, you will need to cancel the room reservation you have and make another one.
*Please note that no room changes will be made in the first two weeks of the semester, so please select your room and roommate carefully.
Are there any fees for applying for housing?
Yes. All new students are required to make a payment of $240 ($40 non-refundable application fee and $200 housing pre-payment (deposit)).
What is the cost of housing for next year?
Housing fees are billed in July for the fall semester. Please click here to view housing rates for the 2013-14 academic year.
Can I mail in my payment?
No. All payments must be received online via the myUT Portal. If you can not make payment online, contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can my financial aid cover the housing application and pre-payment (deposit) fee?
No. In order to secure a housing assignment, we need the payment at the time of the application. If you are on a full-ride scholarship, a credit will be placed back onto your account prior to the start of the semester.
What should I do if I cannot make the payment now?
Unfortunately, we cannot hold applications for payment and if we do not receive the required housing fees at the time of application, your application will be canceled. Please apply once you are able to pay the required fees.
Do I have to be on a meal plan?
Yes! All students living in the residence halls are required to have a meal plan, except students who live in McComas Village or Horton International House. Check out the Meal Plan page for meal plan options.