New Student Housing Application
All first-year students who live outside of a 50-mile radius from UT are required to live on campus and participate in the meal plan program. Students who reside within a 50-mile radius can choose to live on campus, but it is not required. UT requires a $100 enrollment deposit, a $100 housing pre-payment (deposit) and a $40 housing application fee (for students living on campus). You can make these deposits as soon as you are admitted, deposits can be made through your MyUT portal, on the “New Student” tab.
2015-2016 Academic Year Application
- The new student myUT Housing application for the 2015-2016 academic year will be available beginning October 1, 2014.
- If you are attending UT for the first time, you must be officially admitted to the university in order to submit a housing application. Upon admittance, create your UTAD account on the myUT Portal. You will use your new UTAD to apply for housing and select your housing preferences.
- Apply for housing early! Students receive their reservation timeslot to select their room based on application completion date. The earlier your reservation timeslot, the more choices you have in room style.
- A $140 housing payment ($40 non-refundable application fee and $100 housing pre-payment (deposit)) is required of all new students to housing.
- Before logging in to myUT Portal to fill out your application, please review the Housing Contract.
- Please note that the online housing application is the only one that we offer. If you do not have access to a computer or need assistance with your application, please contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or email@example.com
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Read the Housing Contract.
- Access the housing application via the myUT portal by selecting "Apply for Housing" under the Student tab.
- Complete the necessary payment steps for both the $100 enrollment deposit and the $140 housing pre-payment (deposit) and application fee.
- Click the "here" hyperlink to log into the myUT Housing application.
- Click on "Application" tab on the top menu bar.
- Select the term (Academic Year 2015-2016).
- Refer to the "Application Menu" on the top of the application page for the steps necessary to complete the online housing application.
- Be sure to type your initials on the Contract Signature page in order to sign and complete your housing application.
- Remember to log back into the housing portal to select your room at your assigned reservation timeslot. You will receive an email to your UT email address with your timeslot date and time.
IMPORTANT: If you decide to change rooms prior to noon on June 30, you will need to cancel the room reservation via the online myUT Housing application and select a new room. After noon on June 30, 2015, you are unable to change your room assignment until the third week of classes in September. Please choose carefully.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is myUT Housing?
myUT Housing is an online system that allows single, undergraduate students that have been admitted to The University of Toledo to complete an online housing application, make payments, search for and reserve a room, and search for and select a roommate.
How do I access myUT Housing?
myUT Housing is accessed through the myUT portal at http://myut.utoledo.edu. Log into your myUT portal using your UT username and password. Complete the necessary payment steps for both the $100 enrollment deposit and the $140 housing pre-payment (deposit) and application fee. Click the "here" hyperlink to log into the myUT Housing application. If you need assistance with your username and password, log on to http://myut.utoledo.edu/myut/myut_loginhelp.html.
What if I want to cancel?
If you no longer wish to live on campus, you will need to notify the Office of Residence Life in writing via your Rocket email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 419.530.2942 by no later than 9 a.m. on the first day of classes to cancel his/her contract without being charged housing fees. Please note that cancellation fees may apply. If you do not plan to attend UT, prior to the first day of classes please login to the myUT portal and under the "New Student" tab select "New Student Not Planning to Attend" to complete the necessary steps to process your cancellation. After the first day of classes, please submit a written request via your Rocket email to email@example.com or fax to 419.530.2942. Once the contract period begins, a resident must submit a contract release request form no less than 14 days prior to the end of the semester.
How do I know my application is complete?
You can check your application status on the top of the myUT housing application. You must pay a $100 pre-payment (deposit) and $40 non-refundable application fee at the time of application in order to access the application. You will be able to pay online via e-check and major credit card. If you cannot make payment online, please contact the Office of Residence Life, 419.530.2941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will I choose my room reservation?
Room selection begins for new residents during the spring semester. Students will receive a reminder via their Rocket email that room selection will begin on this date.*Please note the Office of Residence Life will send all correspondence to the student’s assigned UT email account (Rocket email). Information on how to activate this account can be found at http://myut.utoledo.edu/myut/myut_loginhelp.html.
When does the room reservation process start?
Room selection begins for new residents during the spring semester. If you do not reserve your room by noon on June 30, you will be automatically assigned a room based on space availability.
How do I find a roommate?
Make sure you complete the Personal Preferences Profile when applying for housing. Your profile answers will be compared to other applicant profiles and a list of potential roommates who match your profile will be generated. You may also search for a roommate by student number or name. Remember, only students who have applied for housing can be requested as roommates. You will be able to contact potential roommates through myUT Housing messaging or via Rocket email .
Once you have chosen a roommate, you must send a roommate request via myUT Housing. Once the roommate request has been accepted, the student with the earlier reservation time or the first to choose a completely empty room will pull the confirmed roommate into that room. Remember, even if you both have confirmed as roommates, you really aren’t roommates until a room has been reserved.
What if I don’t choose a roommate?
Choosing your roommate is optional. You can reserve a room you are interested in without going through the roommate process. At any time, you can view the profile of other students reserved in your room/suite. If you decide to change rooms prior to noon on June 30, you will need to cancel the room reservation via the online housing application and select a new room. After noon on June 30, you are unable to change your room assignment until the third week of classes in September. Please choose carefully.
Are there any fees for applying for housing?
Yes. All new students are required to make a payment of $140 ($40 non-refundable application fee and $100 housing pre-payment (deposit)).
What is the cost of housing for next year?
Housing fees are billed in July for the fall semester. Please click here to view housing rates for the academic year.
Can I mail in my payment?
No. All payments must be received online via the myUT Portal. If you can not make payment online, contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or email@example.com.
Can my financial aid cover the housing application and pre-payment (deposit) fee?
No. In order to secure a housing assignment, we need the payment at the time of the application. If you are on a full-ride scholarship or can not make payment online, contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What should I do if I cannot make the payment now?
All fees are required at the time of application. If you can not make payment online, contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or email@example.com.
Do I have to be on a meal plan?
Yes! All students living in the residence halls are required to have a meal plan, except students who live in McComas Village. Check out the Meal Plan page for meal plan options.