Learning Enhancement Center
Supplemental Instruction, also know as SI, is a learning program designed to help students succeed in entry-level, academically demanding courses. We focus on improving student confidence and performance.
SI is open to students enrolled in the course offering supplemental instruction and is available at no extra cost to the students. SI sessions are announced during class at the beginning of each semester.
SI adds an extra dimension to learning by providing trained peer facilitators who work with students in group contexts inside and outside of the classroom.
Supplemental Instruction Benefits:
- Opportunity to discuss course material in small groups with other students from the class
- Earn a better grade in the course
- Reinforces what is taught during the class lecture
- Discussion led by UT students who have taken the course, who are recommended by the faculty, and who work with students to develop effective learning techniques
- Experience a friendly atmosphere that supports sharing and learning
SI is offered only during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
Spring 2014 Courses with Supplemental Instruction Sessions:
At least three one-hour study sessions are scheduled for students' convenience each week during the semester.
|BIOL 2150||BIOL 2170||CHEM 1090||CHEM 1120|
|CHEM 1240||KINE 2560||KINE 2570||SOC 1010|