Writing Center Resources
- Mission Statement
- Request an Appointment
- Writing Handouts
- WAC Resources
- Writing Center Tutors
- Writing Links
- Online tutoring
- Contact Us
- Request a presentation
- Learning Enhancement Center
- Tutoring Services at UT
- Center for Experiential Learning and Career Development
- Center for International Studies and Programs
- Office for the Student Experience
1005 Carlson Library
The Writing Center at the University of Toledo provides one-to-one assistance to all members of the academic community who want to discuss and improve their writing.
As the core of the Writing Across the Curriculum Program, the Writing Center staff also provides resources to assist faculty in using writing as a means of learning in their content areas.
- We believe that writing is a recursive activity involving several steps that include generating ideas, organizing thoughts, developing a first draft, rewriting, and editing.
- We believe in non-directive tutorial styles that provide the opportunity for writers to maintain ownership of their own papers; writing consultants serve as an audience instead of as editors or proofreaders.
- We believe in the importance of being responsive to the individual needs of a student at whatever cognitive level s/he may be as a writer.
- We believe that writers develop writing skills best when they are in a supportive environment surrounded by other writers who seek to encourage clear expression of ideas.
- We believe that writers should learn to use the vocabulary, organization and format specific to the academic discipline in which they are writing.