- YouCollege Home
- Dean's Message
- Meet the Staff
- Contact Us
- Success Coaches
- Math Placement
- Success Camp
- Smarter Measure
- Department of Exploratory Studies
- Exploratory Studies FAQ
- Advising Student Services
- Transfer & Internal Reinstatement Procedures
- Declaring a Major
- High School Outreach Initiatives
- Dual Enrollment
- UT Course Catalog
- Career Services
- Study Strategies
- GPA Calculator
- Health Insurance
- Division of Student Success
- Tutoring- Learning Enhancement Center
- Placement Testing
- Counseling Center
- Honors College
- Rocket Orientation
- Writing Center
- U.Select:Guide to College Transfer
- MyUT - Web Portal
Rocket Hall 1830/1840
Monday - Friday
8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Department of Exploratory Studies
The University of Toledo's Department of Exploratory Studies is now located in YouCollege and is designed to enhance our students' transition to the university setting and to help them become successful in their academic pursuits.
The Department of Exploratory Studies serves students who are:
- Exploring college majors or preparing to transfer to The University of Toledo as an undecided major. You’ll want to check out our QUEST program for undecided students.
- Working on pre-requisites to get into the college or program of their choice. Look at our Transition Program.
- Planning on transferring to The University of Toledo, but have not yet met requirements to get into the program of their choice. See our Transfer Students information.
- Taking classes and not working on a degree. You are one of our Non-Degree Seeking students.
We strive for excellence in advising all our students, by helping them meet the requirements to declare their major, as well as, come to a decision on what major they want to pursue.
In order to provide the best service, appointments are strongly encouraged.
New transfer students are encouraged to bring a transcript of previous college course work to their advising appointment.
To make an appointment call 419-530-1250 Monday - Friday between 8:15 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The Department of Exploratory Studies is open year-round except for University and Federal Holidays.
During the week prior to the start of each semester, and during the first week of the semester, all advising is done on a walk-in basis.