ACT Residual (ACT-R) TestingThe University of Toledo is offering an on-campus Residual ACT test. This test is for students who have not yet taken either the ACT or SAT and plan to attend The University of Toledo (UT).
What is a Residual ACT?
A Residual ACT means the ACT scores are good only at the institution that is offering the test. Scores will not be released to another school.
ACT Residual testing is strictly limited to students who have enrolled, have been admitted, or have officially applied to UT. Scores from this Residual Test are reported to UT for admission, course placement, and advising purposes. Test scores cannot be sent to any other institution.
Why take the Residual ACT (ACT-R)? If you take the Residual ACT, you:
- would not have to take a COMPASS test prior to attending UT’s New Student Orientation
- would have better placement in courses at the appropriate skill level, allowing a greater opportunity for college success
- could potentially enroll in your desired major for fall (some majors have an ACT requirement)
- could potentially increase scholarship dollars from UT
|Test Date||Registration Opens
|Saturday, Dec. 5, 2015||Monday, October 19, 2015||Friday, Nov. 20, 2015||Friday, Nov. 20, 2015|
|Friday, March 11, 2016||Monday, January 25, 2016||Friday, February 26, 2016||Friday, February 26, 2016|
|Saturday, July 16, 2016||Monday, May 30, 2016||Thursday, June 30, 2016||Thursday, June 30, 2016|
Where: Memorial Field House, Room 1080
2801 W Bancroft Street, Toledo. OH 43606
Time: Check-in at 9:15 a.m. with your photo ID.
Test begins promptly at 10:00 a.m.
Testing will conclude around 1:30 - 2:00 p.m.
How to Register: Registration and Payment by the Fee Payment Deadline are required.
- Complete Registration form.
(If the ACT-Registration form is not available, please Click Here to Contact us and send your information.
- (If you checked 'Yes' for Special Testing Accommodation, please also complete the Residual ACT Request for Test Accommodations form)
- Students can find their Rocket Number on their admission letter (Any question, please contact (419) 530-2011)
- Pay by Credit/Debit Card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card) and submit the form.
For test takers with disabilities:
Special accommodations are available for students requesting the following:
- extended time (50% more time)
- marking responses in the test booklet
- an interpreter for spoken instructions
- food, drink or medication during testing
For special accommodations, test takers will also need to complete the Office of Student Disability Services Residual ACT Request for Test Accommodations form and submit documentation meeting Office of Student Disability Services documentation guidelines by the dates listed above.
Should you have any questions, please contact the University of Toledo, Office of Student Disability Services at (419) 530-4981.
Costs: $65 (non-refundable)
Please note that a payment of $65.00 charged to your credit card is required in order
to register for this test.
Contact the Test Center for more information about the ACT Residual at 419.530.2011 or email: TestCenter.MC@UToledo.edu
Test Day Procedures:
- Arrive early. You will not be admitted to the testing room once the test has begun.
- Bring an ID with a photo and signature (driver’s license, state ID, passport, school ID).
- Calculators (model: TI83) will be allowed in the math portion of the test. Calculators are not provided.
- Cell phone use is restricted during testing and must be turned off.
- Your test session will be monitored.