Scholarships and Fellowships
HED Specific Scholarships
John H. Russel Scholarship
- Awarded to full-time graduate students in the Department of Educational Foundations and Leadership in the Judith Herb College of Education, Health Science, and Human Service. Preference will be given to candidates who come from the Higher Education Program who express an interest in pursuing a career in higher education following completion of their individualized program of study. Applicants will be considered on the basis of their academic performance and the content of a written statement (not to exceed five pages) describing their aspirations in the field of higher education.
Dr. J. Lee and Dr. Deborah A. Johnson Scholarship
- Scholarship awarded to full-time master's or doctoral students at UT, who are majoring in Educational Administration and Supervision or Higher Education. Recipient must have a GPA of 3.75 or higher and must have completed the first semester of his or her degree program. Scholarship is not automatically renewable however, recipients may re-apply each year. Scholarship may be applied to any educational expense.
- Contact: Dr. Linda Murphy, College of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kitty Lowery Memorial Research Fund for Higher Education
- Recipients are doctoral students majoring in Higher Education. To be used to support research expenses related to dissertations. Applicants must submit a successfully defended concept paper, with a budget and timeline for the completion of their dissertation studies.
- Application coming soon
- Travel support to present at conferences is available from the Graduate Student Association
- International travel support for students is available through the Center for International Studies and Programs
- More information and the application information can be found at http://www.utoledo.edu/cisp/travelgrant/