Paralegal Program Objectives
Graduates of the University of Toledo, ABA approved Paralegal Studies Program will:
- Develop organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills which will enhance the student’s ability to contribute to the graduate’s legal environment;
- Possess a broad understanding of legal concepts in a variety of substantive areas;
- Develop critical thinking skills and learn to express legal concepts clearly and briefly by adherence to the rudiments of successful legal writing: preciseness, conciseness, simplicity, and clarity;
- Be introduced to legal technology including trial software presentation and litigation support programs; and
- Be able to identify ethical issues relative to the practice of law.