Financial Aid Menu
- Financial Aid Home
- Applying for Aid
- Consumer Information Links
- Contact Us
- Dates / Deadlines
- HSC Financial Aid
- Loan Consolidation
- Student Loan Code of Conduct (Draft)
- Staff Directory
- Summer Financial Aid Information (application available after April 1, 2014 on the myUT portal)
- Work Study Program
- Financial Literacy
- U.S. Dept of Education
- Federal Student Guide
- DL Master Promissory Note
- Entrance Counseling-Stafford & Grad PLUS
- Exit Counseling Stafford, GradPlus & Teach
- Entrance/ATS Teach Grant Counseling
- Perkins Entrance Interview Counseling
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Registrar's Office
- Treasurer's Office
2801 W. Bancroft St.
Mail Stop 314
Follow the steps below based on your borrowing history. Documents that need to be returned to the Office of Student Financial Aid may be mailed to The University of Toledo, Office of Student Financial Aid, MS 314, 2801 W. Bancroft St, Toledo, OH, 43606-3390 or drop off at 1200 Rocket Hall.
Existing DL Stafford Loan Borrower
If you were a subsidized and/or unsubsidized Stafford Loan borrower at The University of Toledo during the 2011-12 academic year, you can accept/adjust/decline your loans by using the myUT portal or by signing and returning your 2012-13 Award Notification to the Office of Student Financial Aid. This action will start the processing of your loan(s). You do not need a new Master Promissory Note (MPN) unless it has expired.
New DL Stafford Loan Borrower at UT
- Accept/adjust/decline your loans by using the myUT portal or by signing and returning your 2012-13 Award Notification to the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Complete the DL Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Complete the mandatory one-time Stafford Loan Entrance Loan Counseling
The order of the above steps may vary, but all need to be completed prior to aid being applied to the student’s account.
Parent PLUS Loan (for parent of a dependent undergraduate student)
- Parent: Complete PLUS Request Process at studentloans.gov
- Parent: Sign the Parent PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN).
When borrowers receive their first student loan, many are not aware of how loans work, or even what it means to be a borrower. That's why the Department of Education (ED) established regulations requiring borrowers to complete entrance counseling before their loan(s) can be delivered to their student account.
The Department of Education requires entrance counseling for the Perkins Loan program borrowers. This tutorial type session must be completed prior to any funds being put on your student account. This entrance is in addition to entrance counseling completed for the Stafford Loan program.