Working with the UT Foundation
- Foundation Home
- Fund Creation and Management
- Data Base
- Policies and Procedures
- Forms, Reports and Requests
- Employee Hotline
Driscoll Alumni Center Rm 1002
2801 W Bancroft St MS 319
Toledo, Ohio 43606
Top News Stories
- 50th Anniversary of the Founding of the Medical College of Ohio at Toledo
- Lovejoys Hope to Help Students Develop Their Future
- UT Foundation Recognized for Annual Fund, Case Statement
- Jim Findlay: Philanthropist, Friend, and Proud UT Alumnus
- Why I Give: Richard
- Medical Student's Legacy Lives On through Scholarship
- IRA Charitable Rollover: Use It While It's Still Here
- Digital Efforts Cut UTF Costs and Enhance Communication
- Carl Joseph Reading Commons
- New Cancer Center Offers 'Higher Degree of Healing'
- UT Moves Forward with Strategic Plan: Imagine 2017
- UT Institutional Advancement Reaches Out to Alumni
- Why I Give: Bill Bollin
- Sig Ep Alumni Remember UT and a Home Away from Home
- Gateway and Alumni Pavilion Celebrate Grand Openings
- Tips for Year-End Giving
- Year-End Finances at a Glance
- UT Partnering with United Way for Community Hub Program
- Foundation Raises Minimum to Establish Nonendowed Funds
- Tom and Mary Wakefield: Biggest Toledo Fans in Michigan
- UT and ProMedica Join Hands for New Scholarship
- Scholarship Honors Long-Time Professor and Administrator
UT Foundation scholarships and awards are generally paid in one of two ways:
Scholarships Applied to Students’ Accounts:
These are awarded by the designated scholarship administrator through the UT online Award Notification System (ANS). The ANS lists the scholarship’s annual budget and then allows the administrator to make awards according to the scholarship’s criteria. Scholarship administrators or their college/department are responsible for notifying students of their awards. Award letters should also request that the student write a letter of appreciation to the donor.
Please contact the Foundation to be sure you have current scholarship award criteria and donor addresses. Contact Scholarship Services at 419-530-5808 if you need to be set up as ANS administrator.
Awards Paid to Students by Check:
The Foundation prefers that scholarships be applied to a student’s account rather than paying awards directly to the student by check. For award checks paid directly to the student, as well as scholarship amounts that exceed the amounts of tuition, fees and books, the student may be issued a 1099 and must claim the income.
However, if a Foundation fund is set up as an award for a graduating senior, used for student research, or cannot be applied to a student’s account for some other reason, please check with the Foundation to see if the award may be made payable to the student. If so, a disbursement order with recipient information and two authorized signatures would be required. Other scholarship award criteria and annual budgets must also be observed.