UT FoundationFor more information
about the Veterans' Plaza,
please call 419.530.2603 email@example.com
Top News Stories
- UT Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Medical College
- UT to Expand and Renovate Larimer Athletic Complex
- Cathy Sheets Gives Back Through Gift Annuity
- Why I Give: Barbara Mauntler
- Lovejoys Hope to Help Students Develop Their Future
- UT Foundation Recognized for Annual Fund, Case Statement
- Jim Findlay: Philanthropist, Friend, and Proud UT Alumnus
- Why I Give: Richard
- Medical Student's Legacy Lives On through Scholarship
- IRA Charitable Rollover: Use It While It's Still Here
- Digital Efforts Cut UTF Costs and Enhance Communication
- Carl Joseph Reading Commons
- New Cancer Center Offers 'Higher Degree of Healing'
- UT Moves Forward with Strategic Plan: Imagine 2017
- UT Institutional Advancement Reaches Out to Alumni
- Why I Give: Bill Bollin
- Sig Ep Alumni Remember UT and a Home Away from Home
- Gateway and Alumni Pavilion Celebrate Grand Openings
- Tips for Year-End Giving
- Year-End Finances at a Glance
- UT Partnering with United Way for Community Hub Program
- Foundation Raises Minimum to Establish Nonendowed Funds
- Tom and Mary Wakefield: Biggest Toledo Fans in Michigan
- UT and ProMedica Join Hands for New Scholarship
- Scholarship Honors Long-Time Professor and Administrator
There are memorials to our veterans throughout the local community and the region.
Some are small; barely noticed by those who pass. Some are large, but are lost in
the hustle and bustle of everyday activities.
The University of Toledo has built a site where remembering can take place and where the deeds of our service men and women can be celebrated and remembered. Most importantly, this location can serve as a reminder of the price some have paid for the freedoms generations of students enjoy.
The Veterans’ Plaza is located on the east entrance of our state-of-the-art classroom building, which was the Memorial Field House. In the center of the campus, adjacent to Centennial Mall, the plaza serves as a walkway to and around the classroom facility and as an access way for individuals with disabilities.
You or a loved one can be a part of this inspirational memorial. You can purchase an individual name or a larger custom plaque that will be displayed at the Veteran’s Plaza Wall. Donors can choose the language to memorialize a group of veterans, loved ones or all of those who served.
Giving opportunities include:
Individual Name on Main Plaque - $100
12"x18" Custom Plaque - $1,000
The plaza features three flagpoles for displaying the United States flag, the flag of the State of Ohio and the POW/MIA flag. Twenty-four hour lighting provides appropriate honor to this stirring memorial. Veterans’ groups and student groups also may use the plaza for ceremonies.
In the workaday world that surrounds each of us, there is little time and few places to remember those who have served our country. The University of Toledo Veterans’ Plaza stands as just such a place for our veterans, our community and most importantly, our students.
Purchase your plaque here.