- Faculty & Staff E-mail
- Help Desk
- Student E-mail
- Student E-mail FAQ
- Submit a Request
- Virtual Labs
resources and links
- Banner FAQ
- Forms and Procedures
- IT Policies
- IT Security
- IT Support User Guide
- Microsoft Office 365
- Other FAQ
- IT Staff Directory
- Software Training Courses
- Telephone Services
- Virtual Labs
University Computer Center and Dowling Hall419.530.2400 or 419.383.2400 firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Application Form
- Information Security
- Customer Procedures
- Activating UTAD user accounts
- Changing UTAD passwords
- Email Information
- Working with Departmental Data Shares
- Working with your UTAD Home Drive
- Working with your Homepages.utoledo.edu Website
- Networking Information (wireless, getting connected etc.)
- Video Conferencing
- Network Status
The University of Toledo has implemented an email encryption service for
communications containing sensitive information. All external university correspondence (sent to addresses other than those
containing PHI, SSNs, Credit Card numbers or other sensitive personal information should be encrypted prior to transmission
(see UT Electronic
Mail Services Policy). To have an email encrypted, please include the phrase [encrypt] in the subject line of the email (the
brackets [ ]
must be used to force the encryption).
Note: Encryption only works when sending to external (non-University) email addresses.
To aid you in understanding what the recipients will receive, the following instructional information is provided and can be sent to your recipients prior to sending them an encrypted message. We strongly encourage anyone who will be sending encrypted messages to test the procedures by sending to a personal email account such as your Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. accounts and then following the receiver instructions below.
Recipients of encrypted email will receive a notification that they have received a secure message that will have a “securedoc.html” attachment.
To read your encrypted email:
- Open (or Save and Open) the “securedoc.html” attachment.
First time recipients of UT’s encrypted email will need to register with Cisco’s Registered Envelope Service. To Register:
- Click on the Register button on the envelope.
- Complete the Registration Form.
- An Email will be sent to your email account. Follow the
directions to Activate your account.
- Enter your Cisco Registered Envelope Service account password
- Click the Open button – Your encrypted email will open in your web browser
Note: If the Registered envelope is not properly displayed when you open the attachement you can forward the message to email@example.com and the Cisco Registered Envelope Service will send you a message with a link that you can click to view the message.
To Reply or Forward an encrypted email:
- Click the Reply button at the top or bottom of your message.
- Type your message and if you are forwarding enter recipient addresses.
- Click on the Send button.
More detailed directions for using the University’s encrypted email service are available by clicking here.
Additional FAQs can be found at https://res.cisco.com/websafe/help?topic=FAQ.
If it is your intention to send these instructions or the associated web link to a recipient, please remember to send them in a message separate from the one that you encrypted.