Participant Requirements and Selection Criteria
Eligible participants include
- primary, middle-school, secondary and community college teachers who are strongly committed to international education and whose comments demonstrate international content
- curriculum development specialists and teacher educators
- school administrators, media experts and teachers who are internationalizing school programs and/or curriculum
- graduate students preparing for teaching careers in international affairs fields and whose degree programs demonstrate strong international content
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- full-time employees or full-time students
Full commitment to the objectives and activities of the program; ability to participate fully in all aspects of the project; and attendance at pre- and post-travel workshops are required.
Strong Preference will be given to
- Middle- and secondary-school teachers of social studies and visual arts
- Individuals with experience or potential for curriculum development
- Individuals with minimal prior experience in Africa and the developing world
Selection will seek to include as diversity set of participants as possible, including a mix of teachers from a variety of schools and school systems.