Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the Winter/Spring 2014
LEC Newsletter (PDF, 1.7 mb)
- View our recent press releases
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our Environmental Sensor Network
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
Job Title: Lake Erie Center Intern (2 openings)
Reports to: Lake Erie Center Communications & Technology Specialist, Lake Erie Center Director
Duties: Assist LEC staff with various projects & programs throughout the year; give facility tours; assist with event setup; help setup and maintain educational displays throughout the building; help with school group visits; help design and print LEC literature and posters; assist with daily office tasks as needed.
Qualifications: We seek two (2) enthusiastic students with good writing and communication skills, careful attention to detail, and demonstrated reliability. Interest and/or experience in the Great Lakes and strong computer skills a plus.
- Must be a UT graduate or undergraduate student (can be work-study) willing to work off-campus at the Lake Erie Center.
- Position is paid, 15 – 20 hours/week, with schedule to be set based on the needs of students and LEC staff.
- Willingness to work evenings approximately once per month (5 pm – 8 pm) a plus, but not required.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include at least two work or character references.