Transfer and Transient Students
How do I transfer to The University of Toledo and to the Colleges of Languages, Literature and Social Sciences; Natural Sciences and Mathematics; or Communication and the Arts?
Starting the Transfer Process
- Check out UT majors and programs.
- Visit www.transferology.com to see how courses will transfer and apply to one of our programs. Instructions for Transferology.com
- Make a Prospective Student appointment (optional).
- Check out our Transfer Guide for Policies and Procedures.
- Apply to UT!!!!
- Complete on-line Orientation.
- Take needed placement tests
- Make an advising appointment with your Tri-College Student Services Transfer Adviser by calling 419-530-2671.
- Print and prepare the Transfer Student Appointment Preparation & Advising Sheet.
- Bring Transfer Student Appointment Preparation & Advising Sheet to your appointment. Bring unofficial transcripts and, if directed, course syllabi.
- Call if you cannot keep your appointment.
- Follow up on referrals to college faculty for course evaluations. Take syllabi.
How do I, a UT student, attend another school as a guest or transient student?
- Check important details like the application process, financial considerations, school calendar, and any other details that pertain.
- Complete Transient Student Advance Approval form. The form requires the Tri-College Student Services assistant dean's or college staff adviser's signature. It also requires your major adviser's signature if you intend to take courses in your major program. The form must be submitted to the Tri-College Student Services Center (UH 3000) and your courses must be approved in advance of your enrollment elsewhere as a guest. This important step assures you that your courses will apply to your UT program or serve as prerequisites, and it helps you avoid having to reapply as a transfer readmit upon your return to UT.
- Check the UT "Transfer Course Equivalency Guides" at www.transferology.com to see how courses will transfer and apply to UT degrees. Instructions for Transferology.com.
- If the courses you want to take are not in the tables on transferology.com, you will need to supply course description(s) for review by your adviser and/or one or more members of the faculty. In most cases, a copy of the online course description will be adequate. However, you may be asked to provide a syllabus as well.
Important: (1) The grades earned in courses taken at other institutions cannot be used to delete grades of UT courses from the UT transcript GPA calculation (University policy). (2) Grades in major, minor and UT Core courses taken at other institutions will be used in the calculations of GPA's in those requirement categories (Policy of the Colleges of Languages, Literature and Social Sciences; Natural Sciences and Mathematics; Visual and Performing Arts).