- Summer Research Awards and Fellowship Program
- deArce-Koch Memorial Endowment Fund in Support of Medical Research and Development
- Biomedical Research Innovation Program
- STEM Innovation Program
- Interdisciplinary Research Initiation Awards
- Phase 0 SBIR/STTR Program
- Proposal Preparation Mini-Grants to Federal Agencies
- Visiting Faculty Research Awards
- Archaeological Research Endowment Fund
- Publications Subvention Program
The annual internal grant programs administered by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs support the diverse range of faculty research and scholarship at UT. We hope that full-time, tenured and tenure-track faculty from all disciplines will find a program that could help advance their scholarly efforts.Guidance to these programs and evaluation of proposals for some of the competitions, is provided by the University Research Council.
As noted in the UT Strategic Plan, “the University will be highly distinguished and ranked internationally as a leader in research and intellectual property transfer… .” Consistent with this goal, faculty members are expected to engage in research and scholarship. Although external funds are important and critical to support much of this activity, the university recognizes that this is not always possible. Hence, the university hopes that, by supporting meritorious projects, it will stimulate new research and scholarly endeavors, support new faculty in developing on-going programs of research and scholarship, and help senior faculty move in new directions. These awards also provide support to help faculty gather the preliminary data that will enhance their ability to receive more external competitive awards.
FYI: The following UT internal programs are NOT administered by Research and Sponsored Programs: