The Publication Subvention Program assists full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty
in advancing their careers through the publication of scholarly books by academic
presses. Modest support (not to exceed $1,200) is available to help increase the quality
of the publication, make the book more marketable and affordable, or respond to press
The Research Council members are interested in supporting publications that develop
the author’s academic credentials in his or her area of expertise. This award does
not support journal page charges, nonacademic or textbook publications, manuals, or
fees from for-profit publishing houses. Manuscripts to be published by units of the
University of Toledo are not eligible. In addition, when co-authors from other institutions
are involved, this award may not be used to support the majority of the publication
costs; the applicant should provide an explanation of divided costs and a calculation
of necessary funds. Conditions of the award include recognition in the publication
of the University of Toledo’s support.
The application must include the following:
- A signed cover sheet (available from http://utoledo.edu/research/uraf/)
- A copy of the most recent version of the manuscript
- A letter of acceptance or contract from the publisher
- Evidence that the publisher is of high quality and that the publication went through
a critical review process
- Verification from the publisher that the subvention is required or will substantially
reduce the selling price to expand sales
The application will be presented to a Research Council subcommittee for review.
Submitting a Proposal
Please follow instructions on the URAF Submission Requirements Website [http://www.utoledo.edu/research/uraf/URAF-Submission.html].