- YouCollege Home
- Dean's Message
- Meet the Staff and Coaches
- Contact Us
- Math Placement
- Smarter Measure
- Department of Exploratory Studies
- Exploratory Studies FAQ
- Advising Student Services
- Internal Admission & Reinstatement Procedures
- Declaring a Major
- High School Outreach Initiatives
- Dual Enrollment
- UT Course Catalog
- Career Services
- Study Strategies
- GPA Calculator
- Health Insurance
- Division of Student Success
- Tutoring- Learning Enhancement Center
- Placement Testing
- Counseling Center
- Honors College
- Rocket Orientation
- Writing Center
- U.Select:Guide to College Transfer
- MyUT - Web Portal
Rocket Hall 1830/1840
Monday - Friday
8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Department of Exploratory Studies is the place for you if you are not seeking a degree, however you want to:
- Gain new skills or enhance an existing one
- Stay current on topics of interest such as business, leadership or marketing theory and practices
- Expand your career development
- Explore new subject matter for personal growth
Not all students who attend college are on the path toward a four-year degree. Many community members and employees take courses at The University of Toledo to fulfill personal and professional goals.
Courses or certificate programs can be taken online, in a classroom or a combination.
You can take up to 24 semester hours of undergraduate college credit or 9 credit hours for graduate level courses as a non-degree seeking student.
Admission process is simple and convenient in Rocket Hall. College transcripts are not required.
UT’s one stop in Rocket Hall allows you to apply, enroll and register for classes all in one location.
Once you have completed the admission process, you will be escorted to meet with an adviser in the Department of Exploratory Studies. The adviser will assist you with class registration. While in Rocket Hall, you can also take care of your financial aid matters.
For Graduate Students, start your visit in graduate studies at the Graduate College either on Main campus in 3240 University Hall or Health Science Campus, Mulford Library Building, 1st Floor, Room #117