- YouCollege Home
- Dean's Message
- Meet the Staff
- Contact Us
- Success Coaches
- Math Placement
- Smarter Measure
- Department of Exploratory Studies
- Exploratory Studies FAQ
- Advising Student Services
- Transfer & Internal Reinstatement Procedures
- Declaring a Major
- High School Outreach Initiatives
- Dual Enrollment
- UT Course Catalog
- Career Services
- Study Strategies
- GPA Calculator
- Health Insurance
- Division of Student Success
- Tutoring- Learning Enhancement Center
- Placement Testing
- Counseling Center
- Honors College
- Rocket Orientation
- Writing Center
- U.Select:Guide to College Transfer
- MyUT - Web Portal
Rocket Hall 1830/1840
Monday - Friday
8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The QUEST for Success Undecided Program
One out of five students enters college undecided about their major. College is a time to explore your options and find a major that fits your interests and passions.
The QUEST program for new undecided students, gives you a chance to explore yourself and your options. Being undecided won’t put you behind in your course of study or delay your graduation. By your sophomore year or sooner, you will choose a major – a decision you will be confident about because you had the best resources available to make that decision.
Not declaring a major or career field when entering college is acceptable. For some students, it may be the right path in order to make an educated decision about their college and career paths. Exploring students will receive organized help in assessing their personal strengths and limitations as they relate to major and occupational choice. Exploring students will receive help in researching information about a variety of academic majors and career areas.
As a student, you may work with advisers in the Department of Exploratory Studies /QUEST through the end of your third semester, or up to 48 semester hours, before they are required to declare a major.
Maybe you need more information before officially declaring a major – you may know
the industry you are interested in and want to learn about career options in that
field. For example you have interests in law and business, however you want to learn
about career options. Or perhaps you started in a program, and now have second thoughts
– biology seemed right for you, but you enjoy your English classes more.
Undecided students are also invited to join the Honors College
Are you highly motivated and enjoy challenging course work? Consider applying to the UT Honors College
Benefits of the QUEST Program:
- Academic advisers – QUEST academic advisers will help you explore your options, while still keeping up with University core course requirements. You will be able to meet one-on-one with your personal academic adviser, who is dedicated to helping you find your way.
- QUEST Orientation classes – Get a compass for your QUEST with this class, where you’ll learn about college life and resources on campus.
- Academic and career information – The QUEST program coordinates with other student services at UT including Career Services, University Counseling Center, Learning Enhancement Center (tutoring and workshops), college advising offices and faculty to help you find your major and do well in your courses.
- Career Development – Employers are looking for college-educated employees with transferable job skills. QUEST helps students gain these skills, which includes critical thinking, decision-making and adaptation to change.
- Career and Self Evaluation Class - here you will begin in ernest to explore academic options and how they relate to careers. You will also take assessment tests to identify what majors fit your strengths and interests and begin to develop a plan for deciding on your major.
The program provides superior academic advising that serves the various needs of students choosing a major and refers them to other campus events and services such as: the Majors Fair, tutoring, career development and other services as necessary.
The QUEST Program is located in the Department of Exploratory Studies in Rocket Hall Room 1400. You can reach us at 419.530.1250.