2017 Janus Vocal Arts Festival - July 5-14
The Janus Vocal Arts Festival is dedicated to training singers of all ages. This festival offers 3 tracks - an adult track that studies and performs an opera, a middle school and high school age track focused on individualized vocal coaching and development, acting lessons and training in musical theatre, and new this year, we're adding a 2-day professional development seminar that will include Vocal Pedagogy, Alexander Technique and Yoga Voice.. The festival accomplishes this through master classes, coaching sessions, special guest topics, and performance opportunities.
Concert performance of LITTLE WOMEN - All Seats $5
Photos from 2016 Janus Vocal Arts Festival
Dear Nate, Laura, Spencer and Grace
I would like to thank all the staff and you in particular for a great learning experience for my daughter, Sarah.
The show today was amazing for just 6 days of practice.
She loved the whole week and definitely wants to return next year.
Sincerely, Tracy (Parent of 2016 Janus youth participant)
- Do I need to audition for the role study program? Answer: an audition is not required but it is strongly encouraged if you want to be considered for one of the main roles. You may audition by sending a link in an email to a YouTube video. Denise.Bernardini@utoledo.edu
- Is housing included in tuition? Answer: no it is not included. However housing is available on campus for an approximate rate of $32 per night. Visit https://www.utoledo.edu/studentaffairs/reslife/stsumhousing.html
- Can I work and still participate in Janus? Answer: yes if you are in a role that is double cast your work schedule will be considered.
- What is included in the tuition? Answer: vocal coaching, stage movement, acting instruction are all included in tuition.
- Do I need to have the music memorized? Answer: you must be off book by the first day of the festival.
If you have questions not addressed here, let us know! We'll be happy to help you.
Email the director at Denise.Bernardini@utoledo.edu