Provost's Office

Transient Student Applicants

Students who are enrolled at or seeking a degree at another college/university, but who wish to take course work temporarily at The University of Toledo, are considered transient students. For transient student status at UT, a student must complete a special application form (available at the UT Office of Admissions) and submit it along with a $30.00 non-refundable application fee. Confirmation that the student is in good standing is required from the institution currently being attended. One of the following options will serve as proof of good academic standing:

· Signature of the dean, department chairperson or registrar; or

· Official or unofficial current transcript or grade card indicating that the student has a GPA of 2.0 or higher;

Transient students are advised strongly to consult with the appropriate counselor or adviser at the home institution as to the appropriate course work to be taken at The University of Toledo and how that course work will transfer to the home institution of the transient student. Transient students may need to provide transcripts or grade cards to verify prerequisites for courses to be taken at UT.

Transient students are not eligible to continue classes in the following term under transient student status. Students interested in continuing their study at The University of Toledo must contact the Office of Admissions and apply as a transfer student.

Last Updated: 6/9/16