Provost's Office

Declaring a Major

Students may choose to remain undeclared until the end of the sophomore year. However, it will be necessary to begin taking prerequisite courses for many majors and pre-professional programs during the first two years. In deciding on a major, students are encouraged to take advantage of the services offered by the undergraduate advisers in the College Student Services Office and by the Career Services Office, which offers career counseling and tests to help determine aptitude and interests. Students also are encouraged to talk with departmental chairs and advisers in areas that interest them. To declare a major or change one previously declared, students must fill out a form which is available in the College Student Services Office.

Last Updated: 6/9/16