- Pathology Faculty
- Residents and Fellows
- Pathology Residency Program
- Experimental Pathology and Graduate Program
- Faculty positions available
- Contact Information
- Clinical Services in Pathology
- Electron Microscopy Facility
- Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory
- Clinical Microbiology Laboratory
- Pathology Home
Health Science Campus
Department of PathologyPhone: 419.383.3469 firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Toledo Health Science Campus
Department of Pathology
Block Health Science Bldg., Rm. 0140
3035 Arlington Ave.
Toledo, OH 43614-5804
American College of Veterinary Pathology
Student attitudes pertaining to the autopsy
Added value of a PBL segment in a traditional curriculum
Effective integration of pathology into an organ systems curriculum
Added value of a computer based laboratory series in an organ systems curriculum
Crist KA, Zhang Z, You M, Gunning WT, Conran PB, Steele VE, Lubet RA. Characterization of rat ovarian adenocarcinomas developed in response to direct instillation of 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (DMBA) coated suture. Carcinogenesis 26:951-7, 2005
Pereira MA, Kramer PM, Conran PB, Tao L. Effect of chloroform on dichloroacetic acid and trichloroacetic acid-induced hypomethylation and expression of the c-myc gene and on their promotion of liver and kidney tumors in mice. Carcinogenesis 22:1511-9, 2001
Kern-Buell CL, McGrady AV, Conran PB, Nelson LA. Asthma severity, psychophysiological indicators of arousal, and immune function in asthma patients undergoing biofeedback-assisted relaxation. Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 25:79-91, 2000
My research interests are in two rather diverse areas. Under the rather broad heading of medical education, I am interested in investigating:
1. How problem-based learning in a hybrid curriculum impacts upon medical student's independent learning strategies and clinical decision-making in the clerkship years.
2. How faculty, trained as facilitators in a problem-based learning module, are impacted in terms of their approach to teaching in more traditional environments.
3. What attributes medical faculty and medical students believe are essential for physicians to possess and whether or not these attributes are role-modeled effectively in medical education and training.
4. Medical student attitudes toward the autopsy as a process for teaching pathophysiology.My second area of interest is in a more collaborative role. That is in providing diagnostic pathology service for a number of studies looking for the chemopreventative or chemotherapeutic efficacy in a broad range of agents.