Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
The MACJ degree is a post-professional degree designed for professionals already working in the criminal justice system as law enforcement officers, prison or jail personnel, probation or parole officers, counselors, or court administrators. It is also for individuals who plan to continue on to pursue a doctorate after obtaining their master’s degree. The curriculum seeks to expand knowledge about the criminal justice system, create a knowledge base about the existing research on criminal justice issues, and help prepared professionals for management positions within the criminal justice system.
- Degree can be completed entirely online
- Only 30 credit hours required (which is less than programs at other universities)
- Degree can be completed in 2 years taking a minimum of 2 courses per semester (including summer)
- No Graduate Record Exam required for admission if your undergraduate GPA was 3.0 or higher
- 50% of your coursework is made up of electives, allowing you to tailor your courses to your specific professional interests, such as law enforcement, corrections, child advocacy, or juvenile justice
For more information please contact:
UT Online Admissions
Admissions specialist: 419-530-2421, 855-327-5695
The University of Toledo is regionally accredited by the North Central Association (NCA) and is authorized to offer degrees online.