Welcome to Technology Transfer at The University of Toledo
If you think you've created a new invention, please fill out an Invention Disclosure Form and submit it to the Technology Transfer Office.
The University of Toledo is committed to becoming a national leader in technology transfer. In support of the University’s mission to improve the human condition, it is important to make the benefits of discoveries conceived and developed on campus available worldwide. To assist University faculty, staff, and students, we have prepared these basic guiding principles to protect both your and the University’s interests in any new and existing technologies.
- Keep asking if your research results are patentable (i.e. novel, non-obvious, and
- Contact the Technology Transfer Office before you send or receive research materials
from outside The University of Toledo.
- Keep accurate and thorough laboratory notebooks; please make sure:
- your notebook has good quality paper and permanent binding;
- you use permanent ink;
- your entries are legible and factually complete;
- you describe in detail the experimental procedures and your observations; and
- you sign and date each page and have each page witnessed as soon as possible.
- Report any patentable inventions or results to a representative in the Technology
- Contact a technology transfer commercialization representative in the Technology Transfer
Office to arrange the execution of a confidential disclosure agreement before you
disclose your intellectual property to anyone outside The University of Toledo.
- Contact the Technology Transfer Office at anytime to discuss patenting or other intellectual property matters.