Welcome to Technology Transfer at The University of Toledo
The University of Toledo is committed to becoming a national leader in technology transfer. In support of the University’s mission to improve the human condition, it is important to make the benefits of discoveries conceived and developed on campus available worldwide. To assist University faculty, staff, and students, we have prepared these basic guiding principles to protect both your and the University’s interests in any new and existing technologies.
1. Keep asking if your research results are patentable (i.e. novel, non-obvious, and useful).
2. Contact the Technology Transfer Office before you send or receive research materials from outside The University of Toledo.
3. Keep accurate and thorough laboratory notebooks; please make sure:
4. Report any patentable inventions or results to a representative in the Technology
6. Contact the Technology Transfer Office at anytime to discuss patenting or other intellectual property matters.