Information Systems Bachelor's Degree Overview
Quick and accurate delivery of information is the key to any successful business. This is what you will learn how to do as an information systems (IS) major. IS involves managing and applying computer technology to analyze, design and implement ways to increase effectiveness, efficiency and competitiveness of a company. Students will not only be trained as specialists about computers, but also learn interpersonal communication skills that will help them succeed.
UT's information systems program is constantly updated to remain on the cutting edge of technology, including object oriented programming, enterprise resource planning (ERP), project management skills and Web-based applications development. UT has been recognized as one of the most wired for computers in the nation. In addition, UT students take advantage of state-of-the-art computing and other facilities.
Finally, students can gain real-world experience through numerous internship opportunities that often lead to full-time positions. This lets students work with accomplished professionals in the information systems field while earning college credit and money.
College of Business and Innovation Highlights
- High-touch, high-tech environment - Students study and practice with the tools, software and situations they'll encounter in the business world thru fully equipped learning labs.
- Internships - More than 85 percent of students do an internship. Through our connections and placement support, we help students secure a position in town or across the country.
- High placement rate - About 80 percent of our students find jobs after graduation; this has remained consistent, even with the economic downturn.
- New facilities - Our new Savage & Associates Complex for Business Learning and Engagement opened in 2009 and our Stranahan Hall was completely renovated in 2011. Our students learn in some of the newest and most innovative spaces on campus.
- Our sales program is ranked top in the country - Bottom line: if you want to get into sales, the UT College of Business and Innovation is where you should go to get your degree.
- We offer many major-minor combinations - We offer bachelor's degrees in 13 different areas of business, with a major and minor in each for students to mix and match.
Rapid changes are occurring in both local and international businesses, increasing the need for knowledgeable and innovative providers of computer services at all professional levels. Graduates can find jobs as programmers, systems analysts and Web developers for a wide variety of companies.
Information Systems Bachelor's Degree Curriculum
Information Systems Bachelor's Degree4-year program
Program Quick LinksView Admission Requirements
Department of Information, Operations and Technology Management (IOTM)
College of Business and Innovation