Professional Sales Bachelor's Degree Overview
The Edward H. Schmidt School of Professional Sales (ESSPS) at The University of Toledo has been named one of the best university sales programs in the world. UT is one of just five schools to offer an accredited professional sales program that includes a major, minor, concentration and MBA concentration.
UT’s College of Business and Innovation offers a world-class sales curriculum, professional certifications and multiple corporate, university and international, elite partnerships.
Sales is the backbone of any business and how companies generate revenue. Businesses want a properly trained sales force that can build successful relationships and think strategically.
UToledo’s professional sales students learn best practices and graduate with the knowledge and field experience to hit the ground running and produce results quickly.
Professional Sales Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- The University of Toledo was recently named one of the top universities for professional sales education by the Sales Education Foundation.
- UT’s professional sales undergraduate program and the College of Business and Innovation are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Business Schools.
- UToledo is a founding member of the University Sales Center Alliance and the Global Sales Science Institute.
High job placement rate. Nearly all graduates of The University of Toledo’s bachelor’s degree program in professional sales find jobs prior to graduation. Average, total financial compensation in the first year starts around $55,000, with most positions offering a base salary around $44,000.
Professional skills development.
- Required internships
- Networking and recruiting events each fall and spring
- Career development classes
- Guest speakers who work in professional sales
State-of-the-art interactive learning. UToledo professional sales undergraduates have access to the Huntington Sales Lab and other, current technology. Students use these tools to role play, create elevator speeches, have virtual coaching sessions and interviews, and more.
Understand sales from all sides. UT students take courses in sales, purchasing and sales leadership to understand sales as a seller, buyer and manager. UT is the only university in the country to require professional sales majors to take a purchasing class to better grasp the customer’s perspective.
Experience and exposure. Students in UToledo’s Gold chapter of Pi Sigma Epsilon compete in national and regional sales competitions. UT’s ESSPS competition teams consistently finish in the top 10. UT hosts the only national sales competition exclusively for non-seniors.
A global perspective. UToledo offers a joint degree program with Zhejiang University of Finance and Economics in China. UT business students learn how to execute sales calls with someone from another culture as they perform role plays with international students via video conferences.
Options. UToledo has one of the few professional sales undergraduate programs in the country to offer a major, minor, concentration and MBA concentration in professional sales.
- Be more marketable with a double major. UT has one of the best business colleges in the country. Double-major in professional sales and another area of business by taking just two extra classes.
- Enhance a non-business degree such as pharmacy or engineering with a minor in professional sales.
- Add a concentration in professional sales to your marketing major.
Every business needs salespeople — manufacturing, technology, construction, sports, entertainment, service or any other industry. Nearly all of our graduates find jobs prior to graduation as:
- Account manager or executive
- Area sales manager
- Associate product manager
- Business development manager
- District representative
- Inside or outside sales representative
- Marketing analyst
- Mortgage banker
- Recovery specialist
- Sales consultant
- Sales engineer
- Senior product marketing manager
- Territory manager
Professional Sales Bachelor's Degree Curriculum
The Edward H. Schmidt School of Professional Sales blends theory with practice. Students get many hands-on opportunities to apply classroom knowledge.
Professional Sales Bachelor’s Degree Most Popular Courses
- Advanced Sales
- Account & Territory Management
Internship Opportunities for Professional Sales Bachelor's Degree
Sales internships are required for professional sales students at The University of Toledo. Most internships are paid. Some lead to full-time job offers after graduation.
Typical Internship Locations:
- San Francisco
Opportunities for Students
Professional Sales Bachelor's Degree4-year program
Program Quick LinksView Admission Requirements
The Edward H. Schmidt School of Professional Sales
College of Business and Innovation