Edward H. Schmidt School of Professional Sales (ESSPS)
- COBI Home
- Professional Sales B.B.A. (Majors and Minors)
- Professional Sales M.B.A. (Concentration)
- Professional Sales Certificate
- Recruiting Online Tools & Events
- Faculty & Staff
- Advisory Board
- Corporate Partners
- Research and Publications
- Training, Consulting, and Facility Rentals
- ESSPS Home
- Brochure - coming soon
The University of Toledo College of Business and Innovation understands that in business nothing happens until someone sells something, and we're one of three business colleges in the country to have an accredited school exclusively devoted to sales.
Established in 2002, the Edward H. Schmidt School of Professional Sales (ESSPS) is committed to providing high-quality educational programs to enhance the world of business practices related to professional sales and to continue to be a recognized leader in sales learning, discovery, and engagement.
Our students learn through field experience what effective salespeople do. Our classes are designed the "real world" of business and offer students consistent interaction with award-winning faculty and successful business leaders.
Specifically, this is accomplished through a rigorous curriculum that emphasizes critical thinking, psychological and sociological principles, communication theory, strong written and oral communication skills, and solid core business foundations which, when combined, provide students with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to build strong relationships with customers in highly competitive environments.
Our graduates are consistently recruited and hired by top national and international firms in the manufacturing, technology, pharmaceutical, publishing, retail and service industries. And through a wide-range of internship opportunities with a growing number of business partners, students can apply their sales skills to actual situations.
For the past several years, ESSPS students have consecutively won top awards at the National Collegiate Sales Competition, including the Product Sale and Service Sale Awards. Additionally, the UT chapter of Pi Sigma Epsilon (the only co-ed professional fraternity for sales management and marketing) has won top awards at the PSE National Conference, including Best Region.
Edward H. Schmidt School of Professional Sales
- One of only three schools with a separate major in sales accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Certified by the Professional Society for Sales and Marketing Training (SMT).
- Offers a variety of professional sales programs and degree options to choose from: a bachelor's degree in business administration with a professional sales specialization/major; minors in professional sales for business, engineering, and pharmaceutical students; and certificate programs for working professionals in both professional sales and sales leadership; a master of business administration concentration in sales leadership
- Founding member of the University Sales Center Alliance (USCA).
- Founding member of the Global Sales Science Institute (GSSI).
- An outstanding, diverse, Ph,D.-level faculty dedicated to sales education and research.
- Latest ACT! sales automation software for students through a donation from Best Software and its local affiliate, DWD Technology Group.
- Executive sales summits held with top corporate executives and community leaders to discuss timely sales challenges, the competitive landscape, best practices and the sales strategies of tomorrow.
- Recruiting events dedicated to professional sales careers such as Networking Night and the UT Invitational Sales Competition to help match our professional sales students with businesses
- Programs, faculty and students recognized in national publications including the Los Angeles Times, Sales and Marketing Management, Selling Power, The Blade, and the National Underwriter.
- Starting salaries for ESSPS graduates typically range from $35,000-$60,000, plus benefits and other incentive compensation