- University Catalog Home
- Catalog Statement
- General Information
Academic Calandars by year
Academic Programs of Study
- Academic Policies
- University Core Curriculum
- Ohio Transfer Module
- Transfer Policy Statements
- OBR Credit Transfer
- Provost Home
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Current Students
- Campus Directory
- Administrative Offices
- UT Home
University HallRoom: 3340
Fax: 419.530.4496 email@example.com
Satisfactory completion of a Bachelor's Degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy or a related discipline is required. It is assumed that the undergraduate training will include differential and integral calculus, college physics, a year's duration course in general and inorganic chemistry including a laboratory, a year's duration course in organic chemistry including a laboratory, and training in analytical chemistry. An undergraduate course in physical chemistry is recommended.
The admission requirements of the Graduate School of the university apply.
Master's students need to complete the following courses as partial fulfillment of their requirement for an M.S. degree: MBC 5100, 5620, 5900 (2 hours required), 6190, 6200, 6550, 6960/8960 (6 hours required), and other 5000-6000 level courses as advised. In addition, the following items also must be completed:
(1) Minimum of 30 semester hours graduate credit of which no more than 6 hours are counted from the category of M.S. thesis or Ph. D. dissertation research (MBC 6960/8960).
(2) Preparation of a written M.S. thesis based upon the results of an original research investigation performed by the student during the M.S. program at The University of Toledo.
(3) Successful oral defense of the thesis before the thesis advisory committee (consisting of the thesis adviser and two other members) and presentation of the results of the thesis research in a seminar before the Department of Medicinal and Biological Chemistry.
(4) Acceptance of this thesis by the M.S. thesis adviser and the thesis advisory committee.
(5) Maintenance of a GPA of 3.0 or higher.