The Center for Creative Instruction (CCI) is part of a technology group, partnering closely with departments that include Advanced Simulation and Gaming Studio, Lloyd A. Jacobs Interprofessional Immersive Simulation Center, and Information Technology. CCI also works very closely with the Division of Enrollment Management, Office of University Communications and Office of University Marketing providing web development technology support and solutions.
Formed in 1993, CCI is a member of the New Media Consortium (NMC) and has been recognized as a NMC Center of Excellence. It has won numerous national, regional and local awards for the innovative and creative work by the CCI team.
CCI is a team of web developers, software engineers, and multimedia experts building effective solutions to shape the future of teaching and learning at the University of Toledo. The highly collaborative team drives innovation by:
- Building effective solutions that transforms learning;
- Developing and providing new media and web technology support that enable faculty and staff to most effectively carry out the strategic efforts of the University;
- Supporting the UT and UT Health brand and web presence with cutting-edge web technology and media solutions that directly drive enrollment, retention and the patient experience;
- Researching new technology that contributes to improving the human condition;
- Inspiring and supporting research and entrepreneurial work with faculty, staff, students, and business partners that strengthens the university’s leadership in the local, regional and national economy.
CCI also has a history of entrepreneurial activities involving technology-related product development, including commercial activity supported by Rocket Innovations and a long-standing relationship with McGraw-Hill Education that has included the successful Anatomy & Physiology Revealed: Human, Cat, and Pig product series.