- UWC Home
- Advocacy Statement
- Board Members
- Membership Information Card
- Join UWC
- Outstanding Woman Awards
- UWC History
- UWC Programs
Main Campus419.530.5326 firstname.lastname@example.org
THE UNIVERSITY WOMEN’S COMMISSION (UWC) SCHOLARSHIP FOR
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- Applicants must be female, enrolled in an undergraduate program.
- Applicants must be enrolled at the time of application, on either a full or part-tiime basis, and must have completed at least 24 semester credit hours at The University of Toledo at the time of the application.
- Applicants must submit FOUR complete, collated and stapled sets of the following: application, two one-page letters of reference (one letter must be from someone familiar with your academic history, ex. professor, advisor, counselor), a one-page essay, and a transcript of grades from the Registrar’s Office.
- Scholarship recipients who do not have a class conflict are expected to attend the UWC Annual Awards Ceremony, which will be held on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, from 12:00 Noon – 1:30 pm in the Grogan Room, Savage Hall.
- For the 2013-2014 academic year, the UWC will award one $1,000 scholarship and it will be designated as “The Alice Skeens University Women’s Commission Scholarship.” This is a non-renewable scholarship.
- Award money will be applied directly to The University of Toledo individual student’s account and may be used for school expenses.
- If a recipient drops classes during the reimbursement period, the appropriate reimbursed amount will be returned to the UWC.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR SELECTION
- Your contributions and achievements; your involvement in the University of Toledo community and your roles of responsibility; and your active support of women through participation in women’s issues, mentoring and role modeling.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION MATERIALS IS MONDAY, APRIL 1, 2013. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Return application materials to
Office of Financial Aid/Scholarship Services, phone 419-530-5817
Attention: Ms. Sharon Power, Rocket Hall, Rm. 1200
The University of Toledo, Mail Stop 314
2801 W. Bancroft St.
Toledo OH 43606-3390