FOREIGN TRAVEL INSURANCE - EMPLOYEES
Faculty, staff, student interns and trustees (referred to as “Covered Persons”) who travel abroad for the purpose of conducting University business or fulfilling internship requirements are provided certain foreign insurance coverage and travel assistance services. Insurance coverage is provided by submitting paid expenses associated with a covered claim to the insurance company. Although a covered claim is paid retrospective, up to the limits of coverage, it is important to follow proper claims reporting at the time of the occurrence.
Foreign Travel Assistance Services are provided by AIG Travel Guard. You should contact Travel Guard when you believe you have a situation in which you will have an insurance claim. Travel Guard can help you meet any requirements for coverage and assist in coordinating insurance benefits. Click here to go to Travel Guard Foreign Travel Assistance.
THE FOLLOWING COVERAGE IS AVAIALBLE:
General Liability: Provides coverage for an occurrence in which the Covered Person may be liable for bodily injury or property loss of another person. Excluded coverage includes but is not limited to: professional services, services furnished by healthcare providers, sexual abuse, pollutants and use of watercraft.
- $2,000,000 General Aggregate
- $2,000,000 Products and Completed Operations Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Personal and Advertising Injury Limit
- $1,000,000 Each Occurrence
- $1,000,000 Damage to Premises Rented to University
- $10,000 Medical Expenses
Excess Auto Liability: Provides coverage for bodily injury or property loss caused by an accident when the Covered Person is driving a rented vehicle in a foreign country. Excess auto liability provides coverage over or in excess of rental or any other insurance. The Covered Person driver must purchase from the rental company the basic rental insurance of at least US $10,000 each person/US $20,000 each accident for bodily injury and US $10,000 each accident for property damage, or if higher, local mandated limits.
- $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit (no aggregate)
- $10,000 Medical Expenses Each Accident
Repatriation of Remains Expenses: Coverage for expenses reasonably incurred during the course of the Covered Person’s journey to return a Covered Person’s body to their home country. All arrangements must be approved in advance by AIG Travel Guard.
- $25,000 per Covered Person
- $100,000 maximum for all Covered Persons in one accident
Foreign Travel Accident and Sickness: Coverage for reasonable and customary charges for covered medical expenses incurred by the Covered Person which are not due to a pre-existing condition. Coverage is also available for emergency medical evacuation that has been ordered by AIG Travel Guard or a physician who certifies the severity or nature of the serious injury or sickness what warrants evacuation. Emergency family travel is available upon prior approval of AIG Travel Guard.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment – $25,000 principle sum each Covered Person; $250,000 aggregate any one accident all Covered Persons
- Accident & Sickness Medical Expenses – $10,000 maximum each injury or sickness subject to $250 deductible per Covered Person
- Emergency Medical Evacuation – $100,000 maximum each Covered Person
- Emergency Family Travel – $100,000 maximum each emergency
- Repatriation of Remains – $25,000 each Covered Person; $250,000 maximum for all Covered Persons any one accident or sickness
Reporting a Claim:
If you suffer a loss which you believe is covered, contact one of the University’s foreign insurance brokers from Marsh:
- Karen Pathko, Marsh USA, Inc. 216-937-1364 email@example.com
- Greg Horan, Marsh USA, Inc. 216-937-1364 firstname.lastname@example.org
If a broker is not immediately available, then contact the WorldSource Division Claims Office of the insurance company at: