- About the College
- Academic Programs
- Centers, Projects, & Grants
- Student Services
- Research Consultation Center
- UTeach Job Fair
- Give to your College
A) Membership: The Graduate Academic Affairs Committee (GAC) will consist of one full-time Faculty who is either tenure eligible or who has an open-ended, continuing contract from each department that provides graduate classes (except Military Science). Each Faculty Member on the committee must hold either Associate I or Full Graduate Faculty Status. Two graduate students, nominated by College Council Members and confirmed by a simple majority vote of College Council shall serve as nonvoting members. The Dean or a designee that holds an academic administrative position will be a nonvoting, ex officio member of this committee.
- Each Department Chairperson is responsible for organizing the elections for the selection of a departmental representative to this committee.
- The name of the department representative that will serve for the next academic year should be forwarded to the College Council Chairperson by April 15.
- Faculty members shall serve a term of two years with half the members rotating off the Committee each year.
- Faculty members shall serve no more than two consecutive terms.
- Student members will serve for a one-year term.
B) The Graduate Academic Affairs Committee shall have the following responsibilities:
- Elect a chairperson and determine procedures for committee operations;
- Make recommendations regarding College-wide policies for graduate students, programs, and administrative tracking;
- Develop recommendations for and review graduate student policies for admission, retention, time-extension and other appeal procedures and practices;
- Review all proposals for courses and other matters related to graduate programs of the College and generally oversee all graduate curriculum matters in the College;
- Develop and maintain the College Graduate Handbook;
- Assist in developing College-wide recruitment tools for graduate study;
- Evaluate the functions of the Graduate Academic Affairs Committee and recommend revisions when appropriate.
|Graduate Academic Affairs Committee Members|
|Criminal Justice and Social Work (2012-2014)||Lois Ventura|
|Curriculum and Instruction (2011-2013)||Berhane Teclehaimanot|
|Early Childhood, Physical and Special Education (2011-2013||Joan Kaderavek|
|Educational Foundations and Leadership (2012-2014)||Snejana Slantcheva-Durst|
|Health and Recreation Professions (2012-2014)||Susan Telljohann|
|Kinesiology (2012-2014)||Phillip Gribble|
|Rehabilitation Sciences (2011-2013)||Beth Ann Hatkevich|
|School Psychology, Legal Specialties and Counselor Education (2011-2013)||John Laux|
|Dean's designee (non-voting)||Barbaranne Benjamin|
|Graduate Student member (selected by Council)||Nithya L. Doraiswamy
|Graduate Student Member (Selected by Council)