- About the College
- Academic Programs
- Centers, Projects, & Grants
- Student Services
- Research Consultation Center
- UTeach Job Fair
- Give to your College
A) The Student Affairs Committee (SAC) will consist of one Faculty Member from each department. Additionally, there will be one student representative from each department (including Military Science), nominated by and appointed by the Faculty Members of each department per majority vote. The Dean or a designee that holds an academic administrative position will be a non-voting, ex officio member of this committee.
- Each Department Chairperson is responsible for organizing the elections for the selection of a departmental representative to this committee. The name of the department representative that will serve for the next academic year should be forwarded to the College Council Chairperson by April 15.
- Faculty members will serve for a two-year term with one-half of the members elected each year.
- Faculty members will be elected from a list of nominated Faculty or Lecturers with open-ended, continuing contracts in an election facilitated by the College Council. Student representatives will be determined in a manner decided by each department.
- Student members will serve for a one-year term.
B) The Student Affairs Committee shall have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a forum for student representation to present items of student interest of non-academic/non-curricular nature;
- Promote interdisciplinary activities within the College and support student involvement in professional and community activities.
- Serve as a liaison between students from the various programs within the College and between faculty and students.
|Student Affairs Committee Members|
|Criminal Justice & Social Work (2012-2014)||Janet Hoy|
|Curriculum & Instruction (2011-2013)||Judy Lambert|
|Early Childhood, Physical & Special Education (2012-2014)||Amy Allen|
|Educational Foundations & Leadership (2012-2014)||Renee Martin|
|Health & Recreation Professions (2011-2013)||Tavis Glassman|
|Military Science (2012-2014)||Taylor Jones|
|Rehabilitation Sciences (2012-2014)||Melanie Criss|
|School Psychology, Legal Specialties & Counselor Education (2011-2013)||Jennifer Reynolds|
|Student member Criminal Justice & Social Work (selected by department)||TBD|
|Student member Curriculum & Instruction (selected by department)||Lori DeShetler|
|Student member Early Childhood, Physical & Special Education (selected by department)||TBD|
|Student Member Educational Foundations & Leadership (selected by department)||Jessica Spradley|
|Student member Health & Recreation Professions (selected by department)||TBD|
|Student member Kinesiology (selected by department)||TBD|
|Student member Military Science (selected by department)||TBD|
|Student member Rehabilitation Sciences (selected by department)||TBD|
|Student member School Psychology, Legal Specialties & Counselor Education (selected by department)||Latasha Osborne|
|Dean's designee (non-voting)||Virginia Keil|